PINE64

Full Version: Can I plug in the Pine with touchscreen to My tv via HDMI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I  have connected my Pine to touchscreen using Android and it works fine. My question is if I can connect my Pine to my tv to see it on a bigger screen when I am at home and want to watch Kodi for example?  Or do I need to buy another board strictly dedicated to my TV? Any help is appreciated thanks.
(10-15-2016, 05:38 PM)acv2boriqua Wrote: [ -> ]I  have connected my Pine to touchscreen using Android and it works fine. My question is if I can connect my Pine to my tv to see it on a bigger screen when I am at home and want to watch Kodi for example?  Or do I need to buy another board strictly dedicated to my TV? Any help is appreciated thanks.

You can only use one video output at a time.  So, to use the same board for LCD and hdmi, you will need two SD card ( one for Android LCD , one for hdmi ) .  

The boards are so inexpensive that you can probably afford to own more than one of them... I have three atm.  Dedicate one to the TV ( I have dedicated one to my playdesk ) and dedicate one to your playbox. Solved.
Thanks for the info!
You can use the LCD image with HDMI only after the system boots. If HDMI is connected during boot, it will hang.