PINE64

Full Version: linux mint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bonjour,
peut-on faire tourner sur le pine64 une distribution linux mint ???
merci
gil Huh Huh
A mint distribution for PineA64 should be possible; absolutely.

Une distribution de menthe pour PineA64 devrait être possible; absolument.
  Wink

Running Mint18 on my main computer... If it's also installing/running fine on Pine64... Would be nice to know  Rolleyes
Installing the Cinnamon desktop on my Debian install had some performance issues, but MATE should do just fine.
Yea, think that Cinnamon is a no-go; krux tried it a while back, and ran into problems. But I think that using mint with mate desktop shouldn't be a problem.
(10-21-2016, 09:21 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, think that Cinnamon is a no-go; krux tried it a while back, and ran into problems. But I think that using mint with mate desktop shouldn't be a problem.

yeah, the issue is that Cinnamon is going to require hardware acceleration; which is a no-show on linux.
So... is anyone runnning mint on his/her Pine64?
cr2016, I am currently away. But I can try and make a mint img with the mate desktop when I get back (mostly for myself). But why not just use ubuntu ?
Using Mint on two PCs... I suppose having the same interface on pine64 too would be... convenient ;-)

But the main point is for everybody to have one more choice when deciding what to use/install.
In Intel-Land, I've come to prefer Mint to Ubuntu. I've also had an easier time installing Steam on Mint. I think it uses older Debian libraries than Ubuntu.