PINE64

Full Version: No Touchscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

There is no touchscreen usage on W10

Any idea
(10-05-2016, 05:10 AM)swissmade Wrote: [ -> ]There is no touchscreen usage on W10

Win10 IoT Core is what it is...  it's still beta , and in its present condition it barely works at all.

I am not sure what you're asking specifically ; as features become available there will be updates on github, and site news on the forum.
(10-05-2016, 05:36 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2016, 05:10 AM)swissmade Wrote: [ -> ]There is no touchscreen usage on W10

Win10 IoT Core is what it is...  it's still beta , and in its present condition it barely works at all.

I am not sure what you're asking specifically ; as features become available there will be updates on github, and site news on the forum.

Hi thanks for the info.

I just like to use the touchscreen with windows 10

How can we help to speed up things with Win10 IoT Core?
(10-06-2016, 05:21 AM)ezpeople Wrote: [ -> ]

Win10 IoT core suffers from the very same problems that 'everything' else suffers from on this platform -- little to no documentation of the underlying system, closed binary blobs, lack of hardware technical specs, and little to no documentation of the IoT core stuff. 

If this system were 'open' the community would have solved these problems months ago.

The Pine Inc PineA64 board is a case study in what's wrong with closed systems ! All of the poppy-cock and balderdash you folks are having to put up with here is the 'direct' result of proprietary evil -- this is why so many of us have spent the last thrity + years of our lives with the FSF fighting proprietary codes and hardware that does not respect the user's rights freedoms !
(10-06-2016, 08:16 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2016, 05:21 AM)ezpeople Wrote: [ -> ]

Win10 IoT core suffers from the very same problems that 'everything' else suffers from on this platform -- little to no documentation of the underlying system, closed binary blobs, lack of hardware technical specs, and little to no documentation of the IoT core stuff. 

If this system were 'open' the community would have solved these problems months ago.

The Pine Inc PineA64 board is a case study in what's wrong with closed systems ! All of the poppy-cock and balderdash you folks are having to put up with here is the 'direct' result of proprietary evil -- this is why so many of us have spent the last thrity + years of our lives with the FSF fighting proprietary codes and hardware that does not respect the user's rights !
Best can be just put Windows 10 Pro on it and you can work.

Anyhow I try to sale my Pine 64 I'm a little disappointed with this
IoT is not a working desktop OS. It's an appliance OS that can be used to run specific code through Visual Studio.

And Win 10 has no ARM build afaik. Microsoft had Windows RT for 8.0 and 8.1 Surface, but it's closed source and horribadly proprietary.
Pine sent me OpenHAB installed on Ubuntu. It looks like a much better way to go since it appears to work.