PINE64

Full Version: Setting up SD card and installing rooted Android using an ubuntu machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,

I've looked for an answer to this and didn't see one.  Sorry if I missed it.  I would like to install rooted android on my pine 64, but the only info I've seen about doing this shows how to do it from a windows machine.  I'm currently using ubuntu 16.04.  Is there a way to install rooted android onto the pine64 without using windows?

thanks,
Ed
(09-22-2016, 09:40 AM)edszr.co Wrote: [ -> ]Hi There,

I've looked for an answer to this and didn't see one.  Sorry if I missed it.  I would like to install rooted android on my pine 64, but the only info I've seen about doing this shows how to do it from a windows machine.  I'm currently using ubuntu 16.04.  Is there a way to install rooted android onto the pine64 without using windows?

thanks,
Ed

Hi.

Yes, by selecting the appropriate rooted image and using the dd command, or if you prefer a graphical user interface, you could download Etcher.
Thanks Ghost. Etcher is really cool and easy to use. Now I've got another problem. I have a 64gb micro sd card, but formatted it only has ~59 gb of space. So etcher tells me my rooted 64gb android image won't fit. Should I try a smaller image?

thanks again for the help!
(09-22-2016, 12:39 PM)edszr.co Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ghost.  Etcher is really cool and easy to use.  Now I've got another problem.  I have a 64gb micro sd card, but formatted it only has ~59 gb of space.  So etcher tells me my rooted 64gb android image won't fit.  Should I try a smaller image?

thanks again for the help!

Yes, the latest Android images are slightly mis-sized. For argument's sake, try a smaller image just to get things working. 

More suitable OS images are forthcoming.
Thanks Ghost.  I''m back in business.  I appreciate the help and patience Wink

Ed