PINE64

Full Version: ABS Playbox came with no extension cable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

1. Anyone know the 30 pin cable type and/or where to order it from?
2. Is it worth trying to chase it down through pine64?

Now before the flames start let me just say I am in no way attacking these guys for the work they've done with the last question. I'm more wondering about response times and it would probably be easier to order a cable from somewhere else.

All that aside I am still anxious to see if this project works because I've waited (patiently) for all the pieces to come before I set it up.

thanks in advance.
I was going to get it from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/151985309073?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT but turns out I don't need it.
(09-07-2016, 02:24 PM)kenhawkins Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

Now before the flames start let me just say I am in no way attacking these guys for the work they've done with the last question. I'm more wondering about response times and it would probably be easier to order a cable from somewhere else.

All that aside I am still anxious to see if this project works because I've waited (patiently) for all the pieces to come before I set it up.

thanks in advance.

The extension cable (and adapter) is in the bottom of the LCD display box where it is very easily missed; and often discarded with the packaging.  You might check yours, if you still have it.  The cable and connector are fairly common parts, is the good news;  just google it.
(09-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 02:24 PM)kenhawkins Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

thanks in advance.

The extension cable (and adapter) is in the bottom of the LCD display box where it is very easily missed; and often discarded with the packaging.  You might check yours, if you still have it.  The cable and connector are fairly common parts, is the good news;  just google it.

I did look in there but alas it's not there. thanks.
(09-07-2016, 03:42 PM)kenhawkins Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks in advance.

I did look in there but alas it's not there. thanks.

Same here.  Got the short one with the LCD, but didn't get one with the case.  Ordered some, but will be here Friday-next week.