PINE64

Full Version: Portrait mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys...

Trying to find the answer somewhere in the forum....  need to change the screen orientation to be in portrait mode using HDMI 1080p...
I removed the plastic stand from my Samsung play desk display , and replaced it with a wooden easel type display stand; when I want portrait orientation I physically rotate my display (just like I would rotate my tablet or phone and set it back on the stand--- voila !
Seriously ?

Nah, I mean I want to switch the orientation in debian...
(08-22-2016, 08:13 PM){-DesT-} Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously ?

Nah, I mean I want to switch the orientation in debian...

Yes, seriously... because, as yet, Android does not (cannot) flip the orientation manually;  it has to happen via sensor-- which I don't have running yet.

Ok, as for debian, you cannot flip the orientation in debian (afaik) ;  we support 15 modes (not many, I'll grant you) and the fancy display orientation stuff does not work yet-- like compiz and stuff like that.
that's not good Sad

Really need to display my pine using text mode in portrait mode Sad
(08-22-2016, 08:24 PM){-DesT-} Wrote: [ -> ]that's not good Sad

Really need to display my pine using text mode in portrait mode Sad

I'll pass it along. I hear you... my wife's setup uses one screen landscape, and two text screens portrait (vertical).

( are you an accountant by any chance ? )
Not really, I'm a IT guy since 25 years Wink

I'm just using PINE in a Home Automation project and using PINE as the main controller using a 42" HD TV in portrait mode Wink
Very good !... I'll ask around, and when i see the guys on the irc that actually work with the display stuff on a day-to-day basis, I'll ask them. By the by, you might stop by the irc chat room and poke around; you might get to talk to lennyraposo or longsleep personally/ lenny is Eastern time zone and longsleep is European time zone.