PINE64

Full Version: updated view is smaller (tiny)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to new OTA, now I have very small icons and hard to read browsers, more real estate but who cares. This on my 50 inch plazma TV.  What happened?
Its now taking advantage of the full resolution supported by your monitor (TV). Have you tried adjusting your TV video settings?
(08-17-2016, 12:39 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Its now taking advantage of the full resolution supported by your monitor (TV).  Have you tried adjusting your TV video settings?

I run all my hookups, AppleTV and Fire Stick and Pine64 through my stereo system thru HDMI.  Before it was the right
size and right display.  Easy to read and watch, why should I have to goof around with my TV when the other displays
are correct?  I thought Android was supposed to be so flexible with icon size and all aspects of display?
(08-17-2016, 01:22 PM)Punkyclown Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2016, 12:39 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Its now taking advantage of the full resolution supported by your monitor (TV).  Have you tried adjusting your TV video settings?

... why should I have to goof around with my TV when the other displays
are correct?  I thought Android was supposed to be so flexible with icon size and all aspects of display?

Where did you get a thought like that?

... the Android operating system was designed for phones;  and tablets.  It was NEVER designed for hdmi TV. I am running my Android play desk to a Samsung LED desk monitor (it was never designed for that either) and its working... but I have to physically rotate my monitor on a special wooden display stand I made for it to run in portrait mode !!! something a monitor was not designed to do, and certainly not something the Android designers nor authors ever considered that I would do....   Smile
(08-17-2016, 01:43 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2016, 01:22 PM)Punkyclown Wrote: [ -> ]

... why should I have to goof around with my TV when the other displays

Where did you get a thought like that?

... the Android operating system was designed for phones;  and tablets.  It was NEVER designed for hdmi TV. I am running my Android play desk to a Samsung LED desk monitor (it was never designed for that either) and its working... but I have to physically rotate my monitor on a special wooden display stand I made for it to run in portrait mode !!! something a monitor was not designed to do, and certainly not something the Android designers nor authors ever considered that I would do....   Smile
Android is designed to work on phones and tablets with varying display size and resolutions. 

I would argue that it is also designed to work on televisions too, because of the existence of many android sticks/ boxes. Android even runs standard on many new TVs. Also something like Google cast exists.

This gives me the impression that display settings in android should be configurable to match your display. However I was also unable to set bigger size fonts and icons in android on pine. If I increase font size in the settings Nothing appears to be happening.
Mine works fine, on my Android Play Desk; however, I am using an experimental Android image which I received from TL Lim, for testing purposes-- will be made available later.

Try this:  go into settings, and select display, then select 'hdmi output mode' to set the hdmi standard out.

I have two choices  1080p and 720p;  I suspect that Punkyclown's is set to 1080p... setting it to 720p should give him the resolution he is used to.

Also, my fonts do change size.... I have the option to set small, normal, large, and huge... and they do just that !
(08-17-2016, 03:19 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine works fine, on my Android Play Desk; however, I am using an experimental Android image which I received from TL Lim, for testing purposes-- will be made available later.

Try this:  go into settings, and select display, then select 'hdmi output mode' to set the hdmi standard out.

I have two choices  1080p and 720p;  I suspect that Punkyclown's is set to 1080p... setting it to 720p should give him the resolution he is used to.

Also, my fonts do change size.... I have the option to set small, normal, large, and huge... and they do just that !

Hi All, just wanted to update by saying that I was able to change the size of my screen by going in and editing the Bild.Prop
file in ES file manager.  Path Device/system/.  I changed the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=160" to "240".  Now my screen is
readable and usable.  This is running Android 5.1.4, I believe.  Saw that on a uTube video comparing Remix Mini to Remix
running on Pine64.
Cheers, Brad Hansen

I run all my hookups, AppleTV and Fire Stick and Pine64 through my stereo system thru HDMI.  Before it was the right
size and right display.  Easy to read and watch, why should I have to goof around with my TV when the other displays