PINE64

Full Version: Phoenix Card and Norton Security don't mix . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

To share an experience.  Norton Security decided to flag parts of Phoenix Card as being on their naughty list.  No Santa for them.

Naturally disabling parts of the software tends to cause behavioral issues.  UpdateVer.exe and ParserManager.dll are targeted for attention based upon a bad reputation heuristic.  They both need to be in place for the program to work.  I was seeing "script not found" errors when using a perfectly good Phoenix image.  A reinstall and slapping Norton's hand when it tried to zap the files solved the problems.

Now I've got the image burned, I'm still waiting for the silly thing to boot.  Rolleyes

Best Regards,

Matthew
The Script Not Found error usually occurs due to trying to burn a DD image using PhoenixCard, rather than the appropriate PhoenixCard image.

Let us know how it goes.
(08-16-2016, 06:55 AM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]The Script Not Found error usually occurs due to trying to burn a DD image using PhoenixCard, rather than the appropriate PhoenixCard image.

Let us know how it goes.

Understood.  If I had used the wrong image . . . it wouldn't have burned.  I have verified this previously through experiment.   Cool

It's up but seems kinda slow and laggy and it's rolled a bunch of times.  It's a 2GB unit.  Maybe I'm expecting too much or should give up and pick a different OS.  

Thanks,

Matthew
(08-16-2016, 07:52 AM)mjgoode Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2016, 06:55 AM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]The Script Not Found error usually occurs due to trying to burn a DD image using PhoenixCard, rather than the appropriate PhoenixCard image.

Let us know how it goes.

Understood.  If I had used the wrong image . . . it wouldn't have burned.  I have verified this previously through experiment.   Cool

It's up but seems kinda slow and laggy and it's rolled a bunch of times.  It's a 2GB unit.  Maybe I'm expecting too much or should give up and pick a different OS.  

Thanks,

Matthew

Experiment some more and try a different OS, see where you stand after that. Which OS is it that you burned?
(08-16-2016, 01:13 PM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2016, 07:52 AM)mjgoode Wrote: [ -> ]

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Matthew

Experiment some more and try a different OS, see where you stand after that. Which OS is it that you burned?

Burned the latest Android Build.  android-ver5.1.1-20160711-pine64-phoenixCard

Going to pick a Linux distro and see what happens.

Thanks!

Matthew
Check out our irc chat site; we help lots of people get going with PineA64. Sometimes its just easier to work things out on-line live in chat... just an idea.