PINE64

Full Version: RetroPie on Pine64 debian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All!

as the RasPi 2 can run several emulated retro games with RetroPie I wanted to run it on my fresh and much faster Pine64.

I have to admit that the beggining was not to easy. After installing several missing packages finally I was able to build it properly on Pine64 / debian. 

The problem is that the EmulationStation runs on my Pine64 extremely slowly. When I push a arrow on my keyboard it takes about 3 seconds to I get feedback on my display / and that is only a selection change in the menu. Sad(
On RasPi 2 it is very fluent. 

The problem is / maybe - as I'm not an expert of this topic / that there is no Pine64 platform possibility for RetroPie - for that reason I had to set the __platform environmental variable to "generic-x11". It compiles but it runs extremely slowly as I wrote.
I don't have any other idea.

Is there anybody who has an idea how to solve it?
I have just read on IRC that we have mali driver working so wait a little and emulators will run alot better.
(08-15-2016, 02:54 PM)Bart333 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just read on IRC that we have mali driver working so wait a little and emulators will run alot better.

Hi Bart333, that sounds great! Is it under work or is it ready already? How will I be able to get it? Via updating the system? Will I have to rebuild the RetroPie with some kind of different settings?...
We need to wait for more information from our kernel hackers. You could ask on IRC chat for more information
(08-16-2016, 07:47 AM)Bart333 Wrote: [ -> ]We need to wait for more information from our kernel hackers. You could ask on IRC chat for more information

Right... the best way to get up-to-date reports on development status is to check in and chat with us on the irc chat site (see below). Many of our developers are active participants, and a couple of them love to write monologues of their on-going everts, and they even engage in Q&A with members of the chat frequently (although, not all the time).

Besides, from time to time during the day, it proves to be a fun place to hang out !    Shy