PINE64

Full Version: How to set video output to 4K / UltraHD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I set the video output to 4K / UltraHD on Ubuntu?
I cannot give you a definitive answer at this time; I think someone reported that the drm driver switched to 4K after reading EDID for framebuffer or X, but not sure, and don't have any 4K devices to test.

When I know something definitive about 4K, I'll post here.
I have a 4K device, so let me know what to test. Thanks.
Pander, the drm driver is capable of 4K, so have you tried it... does it go into 4K mode ?
What are the command for checking if I have it install? How to install it? How to configure it? (I am pretty handy with these things but no idea which package and config files are involved now.)
(08-10-2016, 03:53 PM)Pander Wrote: [ -> ]What are the command for checking if I have it install? How to install it? How to configure it? (I am pretty handy with these things but no idea which package and config files are involved now.)

I think if you are using the kernel with the new integrated drm,  your frame buffer console will have a working cursor, and it will just go into 4K by itself !

Does your frame buffer console    (  ctrl-alt-F1 )  have a working cursor?   If so, the new drm is loaded and running.
Updated all today but no cursor on text terminal yet.

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep #98 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 20 22:28:17 CEST 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
$ xrandr
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1920 x 1080, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      0.00*

From which version number can this be expected to work?
longsleep put up another kernel build yesterday; has a security fix, several additional kernel modules, and the integrated drm (I think so).
Thanks, will test again soon.
(08-21-2016, 07:29 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]longsleep put up another kernel build yesterday; has a security fix, several additional kernel modules, and the integrated drm (I think so).

No, only the pine64drm Kernels have the sunxi-drm display driver.
Pages: 1 2