PINE64

Full Version: Pine64 Shuts Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed that build
Ubuntu Linux Image [20160530] based on Longsleep work, build by Pine64

Interesting that with the touchscreen the Pine shuts down just before the login screen appears    Any reasons for that?
Usually the situation you're describing is power related.

... make sure you are using a two wire switching supply rated 5v @ 2.5A 2500ma with wires 18 AWG.
(08-07-2016, 04:21 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Usually the situation you're describing is power related.

... make sure you are using a two wire switching supply rated 5v @ 2.5A  2500ma  with wires 18 AWG.

That's what  I though   I'm using the power supply that came with it.
(08-07-2016, 05:50 PM)AUDIOTEK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2016, 04:21 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Usually the situation you're describing is power related.

... make sure you are using a two wire switching supply rated 5v @ 2.5A  2500ma  with wires 18 AWG.

That's what  I though   I'm using the power supply that came with it.

Hm... that doesn't sound good.

Mark (or Luke maybe?), have you heard any other issues with the official Pine64 PSU? Both the international and US models are rated at 5v 2A, so *should* be more than adequate. Pine64 with only wifi needs a 700ma (0.7A) capable supply to start, so if you said the display doubled that load to 1.4A, the PSU would seem to be in spec. Would be interested to know if it is 5v, or slightly over-voltage like the better Raspberry Pi ones are (at around 5.25v) to ensure the voltage doesn't sag too much as they are loaded up.