PINE64

Full Version: How to turn off and wake up display?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

each Android device has a few buttons like "Power", "Volume+" and "Volume-".
These buttons (especially "Power") are necessary to control the Android system.

How can we use these buttons for Android on Pine64?

Best regards
Julian
I think that is going to be via gpio but volume it's in the navigation bar look in the the demos videos

It would be nice if we can wake up the display by double touch, like toc toc
And we'll se can put on sleep by double tap on the status bar
(01-24-2016, 12:24 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: [ -> ]It would  be nice if we can wake up the display by double  touch,  like toc toc

Hi Zoidiano0,

I've got a LG G2. This device has a feature called "Knock Code" / "Knock On".
This feature is possible, because the device has it's own processor for this feature.

Of course, that feature is possible without an extra processor too, but it would drain the battery extremely, because the display would be permanently active.

Best regards
Julian
More than That the touch panel is which is always on
But I had that feature on my nexus 7 2012

And no need to config extra things!
Cruz was like a build in feature on cyanogenmod
Hi Zoidiano0,

there are some apps in Google Play Store to get a "Knock Off" feature, which means you can turn off the screen by double-tap on it.
That's absolutely no problem and don't need any extra processor or battery usage.
This feature has also be implemented into CyanogenMod (since version 11? I don't know exactly).

The main "problem" in your topic is "Knock On".
The device needs an extra processor for this, if the battery should not drain.

But please come back to the main topic.
Feel free to contact me, if you have any questions about Android and Android-running devices Wink

Best regards
Julian
(01-24-2016, 12:09 PM)JulianM Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

each Android device has a few buttons like "Power", "Volume+" and "Volume-".
These buttons (especially "Power") are necessary to control the Android system.

How can we use these buttons for Android on Pine64?

Best regards
Julian

Hi Julian,

We have bring out the power and reset button circuit to EXP connector, you can access there. For Volume + and -, you can implement thru GPIO pin or just using on screen control.
Hi tllim!

I'm not very familiar with these features, so, I'm sorry for the following questions!
Will the power button recognize the time of pushing it or does it immediately turning off the board?

I'll explain you what I mean exactly:
- 1 second: Turn off screen.
- 3 seconds push: Power menu.
- 10 seconds (or something else) push: Turn the board immediately off.
The times in seconds are just examples!

Are the Volume+ and Volume- functions via GPIO pins already implemented in your Android image?

Best regards
Julian
(01-24-2016, 02:17 PM)JulianM Wrote: [ -> ]Hi tllim!

I'm not very familiar with these features, so, I'm sorry for the following questions!
Will the power button recognize the time of pushing it or does it immediately turning off the board?

I'll explain you what I mean exactly:
- 1 second: Turn off screen.
- 3 seconds push: Power menu.
- 10 seconds (or something else) push: Turn the board immediately off.
The times in seconds are just examples!

Are the Volume+ and Volume- functions via GPIO pins already implemented in your Android image?

Best regards
Julian
Similar process, just like Android table behave. We didn't implement the volume + and - which can be control thru on screen. I don't want 'hard" fix GPIO pin function and end up become less GPIO pins.
Hey tllim, when is this power and reset button circuit on the store here, or do I just buy it online somewhere, if I do buy it online somewhere, do you have a specific brand or exact product you would recommend?
(01-24-2016, 02:43 PM)T_ech Wrote: [ -> ]Hey tllim, when is this power and reset button circuit on the store here, or do I just buy it online somewhere, if I do buy it online somewhere, do you have a specific brand or exact product you would recommend?

Just a simple two wire push button. Very easy to DIY. We can sell them if somebody interested.
Pages: 1 2