PINE64

Full Version: ssh into Pine64 running Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can easily ssh into my Pine64 running Ubuntu, but I'm going around in circles trying to figure out how to do it under Android. 
Is there a HOWTO anywhere?
Being able to ssh into Android is contrary to the design principles of Android.

... that said, it has always been possible to ssh into an Android phone; first by rooting it, and second by placing an sshd (ssh daemon) on the device like dropbear, or similar. Android was designed to have a locked-down linux kernel, and a java virtual machine layer over that (Dalvik) to run apps. It was not designed to work like a standard gnu+linux computer (although with rooting, dropbear, and busybox it can be made to work like any other gnu+linux device).

I would recommend you experiment with the rooted android image; then check out 'dropbear' and 'busybox'.

There are many on-line resources available to help in this area, and there is a huge droid community to help as well.

marcushh777
It is possible to use the rooted image, and an sshd server like 'dropbear' for android, as well the 'busybox' suiteof gnu+linux like tools.

Experiment with the rooted android image.  Also, find 'dropbear' on the Play Store, as well the 'busybox'.

marcushh777

Shy
I have posted to this topic twice... they have vanished... not sure where the posts are.

marcus
(07-24-2016, 08:58 PM)scarabus Wrote: [ -> ]I can easily ssh into my Pine64 running Ubuntu, but I'm going around in circles trying to figure out how to do it under Android. 
Is there a HOWTO anywhere?

You will need root and a 3rd parts SSH server Installed as android used adb as default
Or check out "Termux" if you don't want to roo the PINE64