PINE64

Full Version: Day lost in getting it work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 
I was very impressed with pine64's configuration on kickstarter but cannot make it work. I bought 2 pine64 2gb+ board recently. 
I tried using "xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64-8GB" image burned it to sd card, it is not fake as I tested it with software. 

The desktop interface was available, but when I tried to install firefox or kodi it simple goes out from my hd tv screen. Rebooted several times but installation of new software is a problem. It simply shuts down.

Then I tried burning Android 5.1 image from pine 64. The image was burned using win32 disk imager.
Experience with Android 5.1 was as soon as I clicked on any application it simply looses power supply and shuts down.

So just wondering if it is the image issue or the hardware issue.
(07-23-2016, 11:38 AM)ptiwari Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, 
I was very impressed with pine64's configuration on kickstarter but cannot make it work. I bought 2 pine64 2gb+ board recently. 
I tried using "xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64-8GB" image burned it to sd card, it is not fake as I tested it with software. 

The desktop interface was available, but when I tried to install firefox or kodi it simple goes out from my hd tv screen. Rebooted several times but installation of new software is a problem. It simply shuts down.

Then I tried burning Android 5.1 image from pine 64. The image was burned using win32 disk imager.
Experience with Android 5.1 was as soon as I clicked on any application it simply looses power supply and shuts down.

So just wondering if it is the image issue or the hardware issue.

The minute I see "it simply shuts down", it begs the question..are you using a properly sized power supply?

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Page#Power_Usage
hi, I highly recommend the international power supply from MCM designed for the Raspberry PI 3;  the supply has an excellent 18 AWGx2C cable, is 5v rated at 2.5A  2500ma,  and has adaptable power heads... it is well priced, and will do a great job on the PineA64 board.

marcushh777
Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely give it a try. Going to get recommended power supply.
And I tried with recommended power supply, It's working absolutely fine. I now have working ubuntu connected to my TV via HDMI, no other chip board can match the performance of Pine64.

Thank you v much!.