PINE64

Full Version: Ok Double boot can be done..how about triple booting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys I heard double booting is possible but has anybody thought about triple booting from a single mini SD card?
(01-23-2016, 03:30 PM)Eddy120876 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys I heard double booting is possible but has anybody thought about triple booting from a single mini SD card?

Today is my first time that I aware dual boot possibility.
To clarify, dual-booting capability has yet to be confirmed. Possibly a modification of BerryBoot may work...
Of course another option is to just use different micro-SD cards for each OS.
(02-24-2016, 07:05 AM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: [ -> ]Of course another option is to just use different micro-SD cards for each OS.

This would be the easiest solution for most users, but for me this is out of the question. I'm building a casing (the one in my signature) and to switch sdcards would require removing 4 screws before lifting up the top plate of the casing. Thats way to much work.

I really hope someone manage to get at least dualboot to work so I can use only one sdcard....
(02-24-2016, 07:05 AM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: [ -> ]Of course another option is to just use different micro-SD cards for each OS.

Indeed. That is what I'll be doing too. But some people, for various reasons, desire the ability to dual-boot from one micro sd card.
it's possible to do dual boot with allwinner A10 SOC, why not A64 ..?
(02-24-2016, 10:41 AM)hazerty Wrote: [ -> ]it's possible to do dual boot with allwinner A10 SOC,  why not A64 ..?

No reason why not, just that it hasn't been done yet.
That mario enclosure looks awesome! I want one!