PINE64

Full Version: on the shelf till a decent kernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Putting my Pines away ( 2 x Pine64+ 2GB + WiFi) on the shelf for the next few months...

Gonna check back in here - every few weeks - not touching them till there's a decent kernel - e.g. for running docker containers...  This project held promise, if only the "supports Linux" and "super computer" marketing spiel wasn't just talk...

Ooroo from Australia

(and no I don't wanna sell them - heck I've still got 486 motherboards lying around!)
(07-06-2016, 03:30 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: [ -> ]Putting my Pines away ( 2 x Pine64+ 2GB + WiFi) on the shelf for the next few months...

Gonna check back in here - every few weeks - not touching them till there's a decent kernel - e.g. for running docker containers...  This project held promise, if only the "supports Linux" and "super computer" marketing spiel wasn't just talk...

Ooroo from Australia

(and no I don't wanna sell them - heck I've still got 486 motherboards lying around!)

But it does support linux... they just didn't say how well!  Big Grin Big Grin

I think it would be best to wait for a couple of months... it looks like other dev boards that have 64bit ARM processors are also having a rocky start... some reinvention of the wheel going on there!  Tongue
See ya later, UO. Be sure to stop by in the fall. Hopefully, we'll have both an up-to-date kernel tree and working board-wide support with GPL'ed drivers sometime later this year.
Docker works just fine and so does lxd.
(07-06-2016, 03:30 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: [ -> ]Putting my Pines away ( 2 x Pine64+ 2GB + WiFi) on the shelf for the next few months...

... not touching them till there's a decent kernel - e.g. for running docker containers...  

UO, what's wrong with docker?

marcus