PINE64

Full Version: No microphone input in Remix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw posts here saying that headset microphones should work, but so far Remix isn't recognising any of my own headsets or a 4-pole TRRS type headphone adapter with mic that I've just bought. I've tested using the sound recorder and Google voice search. Is this a known issue with the Android and/or Remix distributions, or do I possibly have a fault?
(07-02-2016, 08:10 AM)xtcrefugee Wrote: [ -> ]I saw posts here saying that headset microphones should work, but so far Remix isn't recognising any of my own headsets or a 4-pole TRRS type headphone adapter with mic that I've just bought. I've tested using the sound recorder and Google voice search. Is this a known issue with the Android and/or Remix distributions, or do I possibly have a fault?

There are apparently two configurations for the 4 port headphones, I'm planning to try this in an effort to get "Ok Google" working on the Android build Pine64:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6AZF8v0FLY

Maybe (if we're (Pine64 owners) are lucky) one will work and allow us to use an external mic Smile.
If you get it working please do let me know, but I've also tried bluetooth headsets and they don't work in Remix either, so the problem may be with the OS rather than the hardware.
I think the current version of RemixOS on the Pine doesn't have a configuration option for audio input. Alternatively, I had no trouble getting the Pine to recognize audio input (via USB input even) when I booted up Debian. So, I think it's the OS, not the card.