PINE64

Full Version: Touchscreen support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, browsing the forums, I read that the only image that currently supports the touchscreen is the Android 5.1.  This was a bit of a bummer for me, because I was intending to use the Remix OS on my Pine.  So, my question is, are there other OS's or images that have touchscreen support?  Or will there be touchscreen support coming to existing OS's sometime soon?

Any news or tips help.
(06-27-2016, 11:16 PM)NoahJ Wrote: [ -> ]So, browsing the forums, I read that the only image that currently supports the touchscreen is the Android 5.1.  This was a bit of a bummer for me, because I was intending to use the Remix OS on my Pine.  So, my question is, are there other OS's or images that have touchscreen support?  Or will there be touchscreen support coming to existing OS's sometime soon?

Any news or tips help.

Please advise what type of touchscreen device that you have?
(06-28-2016, 08:05 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 11:16 PM)NoahJ Wrote: [ -> ]So, browsing the forums, I read that the only image that currently supports the touchscreen is the Android 5.1.  This was a bit of a bummer for me, because I was intending to use the Remix OS on my Pine.  So, my question is, are there other OS's or images that have touchscreen support?  Or will there be touchscreen support coming to existing OS's sometime soon?

Any news or tips help.

Please advise what type of touchscreen device that you have?

I would assume NoahJ probably has the touchscreen device (Feiyang) you can buy from the Pine 64 shop...

I do too (the Pine supplied 7" LCD Touchpanel, Feiyang)...

Pine REALLY REALLY needs to forewarn customers that this screen will ONLY be supported in Android Lollipop and Pine will supply NO OTHER operating system image or support or drivers or documentation to work with the 7" LCD Touchpanel that they sell.

I bought into Pine, and the 7" touchpanel for running Linux - not Android!  Seriously how can you call an SBC a "super computer" when your Linux support is so haphazard?
ya i ask for the playbox aswell and i want to be able to use the touch screen on avery single system not only with android
hoping to see some development for this in the up coming weeks Big Grin
tllim did state earlier they are working on supporting linux. How is that coming along? Its been a few weeks since you last said it.
(06-28-2016, 10:30 PM)Krinilssen Wrote: [ -> ]tllim did state earlier they are working on supporting linux. How is that coming along? Its been a few weeks since you last said it.

My quote is about 2 weeks ago and the development work still ongoing.
So, probably never releasing an image the supports the touchscreen for remix?
(07-01-2016, 06:36 PM)NoahJ Wrote: [ -> ]So, probably never releasing an image the supports the touchscreen for remix?

We are currently explore with Remix on the LCD/Touch build release.
(07-02-2016, 08:42 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2016, 06:36 PM)NoahJ Wrote: [ -> ]So, probably never releasing an image the supports the touchscreen for remix?

We are currently explore with Remix on the LCD/Touch build release.

I too would like touchscreen support for ALL OSes Please. I didn't buy the deluxe backer kit just to run it with Android. I wanted to build a hybrid tablet with dual boot support. I'm sure this will be possible in time and I'm not complaining. Just my 2 cents on the subject from being an early adopter.
I downloaded and installed the latest Adnroid from the Pine64 Wiki and the touchscreen is not working. I get video and it works otherwise, but no touch.
Pages: 1 2