PINE64

Full Version: display resolution setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have ubuntu running
3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep

My monitor is a Dell 1708FPt - same as the one on the link below.
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-1708FPt-17-i...B0021HRWJM

No matter what I set using sunxi-disp-tool the resolution is not correct and I end up with some of the desktop missing from the screen.

Closet I've got is using the below command:
sunxi-disp-tool switch -name 1280x1024p

Any ideas or help appreciated
My monitor had a setting called "overscan". It was buried deeply in the setting and made no difference with anything until I tried to run my Pine64. I had the same issue until I changed "overscan" to off. So, to make a long story short, have you checked your monitor settings to see if there is an overscan option and whether it is turned off?
(06-23-2016, 09:43 AM)jl_678 Wrote: [ -> ]My monitor had a setting called "overscan".  It was buried deeply in the setting and made no difference with anything until I tried to run my Pine64.  I had the same issue until I changed "overscan" to off.  So, to make a long story short, have you checked your monitor settings to see if there is an overscan option and whether it is turned off?

Unfortunately no such setting.

I just tried sunxi-displ-tool switch -name 1080p50 and I can see the full desktop now except for the bottom 1cm  [Image: sad.png]

Monitor settings are: Brightness, Auto Adjust, Positioning, Image Settings, Color Settings, OSD Settings, Language and Factory Reset
Have tried pretty much every sub option in those settings, nothing helps...
Unfortunately that monitor does not support 1080p60 (and that's what you need).  It only does 1280x1024 @75... not good.

You need this monitor; I have a couple of these... they work great !  (and they're relatively inexpensive)
(06-23-2016, 09:56 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that monitor does not support 1080p60 (and that's what you need).  It only does 1280x1024 @75... not good.

You need this monitor; I have a couple of these... they work great !  (and they're relatively inexpensive)

Thanks for your reply.

Is that an issue with Ubuntu only ?
I also have an android build on a different SD Card and display resolution on that works perfect on Pine.

I have 2 monitors, both 17" - both only do 1280x1024
Dont particularly want to spend a fair amount on a new monitor, this was supposed to be a cheap build by using Pine, its adding up by the time I bought a case to house Pine board, a mouse, keyboard, SD Cards and picked up the 17" monitor on the cheap
I suspect the inability to change the overscan settings is causing a lot of grief for a large number of people. We are all waiting for Allwinner to release an A64 video driver.
Hi all, I am quite new here, and I have more or less the same problem.

Android all ok and display is ok. Unfortunately I have a standard 17" 1280x1024 and I would not get a new monitor only for PINE Smile
any setup to reduce the basic video card resolution ?

under control paned sees all locked Sad

thank you for helping