PINE64

Full Version: Current
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i would like to know what is the maximum current i can use from a gpio and a 5v pin.
From the datasheets GPIO0 is 0.7 - 3.3v @ 100ma and GPIO1 is 0.7 - 3.3v @ 150ma.

The SoC (Allwinner A64) I|O indicates max rating at 40ma.

I'm assuming that the max on any pin without damage is 40ma... and that the total available current for all GPIO is 100ma. The total from the 5v pin is 2A (I'm skeptical) /

Personally, I would not try to draw more than 16-20 ma from any GPIO pin, nor would I try to exceed 100ma for the entire GPIO bus; unless a PineA64 engineer corrects me...

I'm assuming also that this board is fairly consistent with the Raspberry PI in this regard (similar SoC, similar power supply)... but, the PMIC is a new entity for me... so, not sure how sensitive it is, nor whether GPIO0 is the RPi bus and GPIO1 is the Euler bus, or the other way around !

(inquiring minds want to know)
What kind of devices you wish to hookup ?
If they are relays, for example, don't connect them directly, add MOSFET to drive them and don't forget to add reverse diodes in parallel to relay's coils.
You can also have drivers chips such ULN2803 which can provide a lot of current on each IO.
(06-19-2016, 08:00 AM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of devices you wish to hookup ?
If they are relays, for example, don't connect them directly, add MOSFET to drive them and don't forget to add reverse diodes in parallel to relay's coils.
You can also have drivers chips such ULN2803 which can provide a lot of current on each IO.

Also, you might try the Gertboard... has buffered I|O and a ULN2803 (its really an ultimate experimenter peripheral board); was designed by Gert van Loo (Broadcom engineer, Raspberry PI design team) ;
Thank you