PINE64

Full Version: Android + battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Is it possible to configure Pine's behavior when it's powered with a battery?
Mine board turns off a usb port (maybe it even turns off ethernet can't check it exactly without working mouse Smile ).

Dzmitry
------------------- up ---------------------------
(06-22-2016, 02:02 AM)dulasu Wrote: [ -> ]------------------- up ---------------------------

I can't replicate your results on a pure linux build. On a longsleep-derived debian linux on the pine, when I started the pine from battery, and plugged in a flash drive, it powered up and I was able to mount it and view it's contents. When I plugged in a USB-powered USBHDD, the pine64 shut down (which didn't surprise me... it got a bit of a fright!). If I powered up the pine from the USB connector, and plugged in the USBHDD whilst the pine was being externally powered, I could disconnect the battery then and the USBHDD was still accessible. It was just that startup surge, and possibly a battery that is on it's last legs...

As far as if you ethernet is working, you should be able to see the green and yellow lights come on the connector if that is powered up and it is pluged into a switch or router. 

Hopefully someone who uses an android image will be able to comment more on their luck.