PINE64

Full Version: Remix OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(04-09-2016, 11:38 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The issue was due to an older version of Ethernet driver been installed. They have checked on the longsleep finding but the high_mem flag already set on current code and puzzle what still can causing the boot up issue (it is not memory panic like longsleep observed but a no end loop in boot up process).

Huh what high_mem flag? Can we expect a new BSP then or where does a new Ethernet driver come from? Also if the integer overfow in the driver not in the version from Remix, where did that version come from? You should double check with them as this indicates that the problem was not understood.
(04-09-2016, 11:38 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The 2GB Remix issue already located and plan for a release on this week. The issue was due to an older version of Ethernet driver been installed. They have checked on the longsleep finding but the high_mem flag already set on current code and puzzle what still can causing the boot up issue (it is not memory panic like longsleep observed but a no end loop in boot up process). This issue has been puzzled for few days and yesterday has discovered that the current Ethernet driver is an older version. They have request for the new Ethernet driver and will released once tested. This new release will also include Google PLAY store as everybody anticipated. 
I have good discussion with Remix folks in Beijing on last week, and have discussed on deeper collaboration together. I will post more news when proved that the discussion theory (integrated into Remix mini brunch) works.

Great news!  Will this arrive as an OTA update for existing users? Thanks!
(04-10-2016, 03:21 PM)jpxdude Wrote: [ -> ]Great news!  Will this arrive as an OTA update for existing users? Thanks!

Well people cant connect to internet - so OTA would be fun Big Grin   Tongue
(04-10-2016, 05:19 PM)arpanj2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2016, 03:21 PM)jpxdude Wrote: [ -> ]Great news!  Will this arrive as an OTA update for existing users? Thanks!

Well people cant connect to internet - so OTA would be fun Big Grin   Tongue

Not everyone!  I can connect just fine  Cool
haha - me too Smile
Today's Facebook anwser :
[Image: 5etl.png]
I have a 2GB version of Pine64 with Gigabit Ethernet on it. Now the network is working with the last Remix image 0415_Beta!  Smile  It took me a couple of tries to make it work though. My network switch is a 100 Mb Netgear which works fine for all my other PCs. But it doesn't work for my Pine64. So I bypassed the switch and to my surprise it worked right away.
(04-21-2016, 11:32 AM)dwmzhou Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2GB version of Pine64 with Gigabit Ethernet on it. Now the network is working with the last Remix image 0415_Beta!  Smile  It took me a couple of tries to make it work though. My network switch is a 100 Mb Netgear which works fine for all my other PCs. But it doesn't work for my Pine64. So I bypassed the switch and to my surprise it worked right away.
Do you have gb speed or 100mbits? Not clear to me, cause gb on a 100mbit switch obviously wont work, just with reduced speed of course. Im interested in somebody having real gb speed for the board (on a 100mbit port works fine for me but is not gb like provided)...

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk
(04-21-2016, 12:23 PM)androsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2016, 11:32 AM)dwmzhou Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2GB version of Pine64 with Gigabit Ethernet on it. Now the network is working with the last Remix image 0415_Beta!  Smile  It took me a couple of tries to make it work though. My network switch is a 100 Mb Netgear which works fine for all my other PCs. But it doesn't work for my Pine64. So I bypassed the switch and to my surprise it worked right away.
Do you have gb speed or 100mbits? Not clear to me, cause gb on a 100mbit switch obviously wont work, just with reduced speed of course. Im interested in somebody having real gb speed for the board (on a 100mbit port works fine for me but is not gb like provided)...

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

androsch, right now mine is bypassing my switch and directly connect to my home router which only has 100mbits ports. So it is a Gigabit card running on a reduced speed. (My internet speed is only 10mbits down). I have not tried my Pine64 on a Gigabit network switch yet. But now I learned the NIC on Pine64 can be sensitive to the network switch (I know this sounds weird). So if it is not work for you, you might want to try a different switch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12