PINE64

Full Version: Remix OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Google Play is not official but there are ways to still install it.

Link for info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/re...x-t3292087
I got Remix OS running on my 2GB model with the Wifi+BT module, using janjwerner DD image, and generally it appears to be working well.

I sound that sometimes there is an issue with responsiveness, like scrolling through webpages on Chrome, and I have a bit of crackling sound. This was mostly apparent with the latest Kodi ARM build.

I have attempted to install the Google Play store using the methods described at XDA, but it doesn't work on the Pine64. I've managed to use the exact same method successfully several times on the x86 version of Remix OS.

Other than that, everything appears to be working OK, including Wifi (haven't tested BT) which picks up my 2.4Ghz network, although the range of the unit is surprisingly poor. If you want reliable Wifi, you have to be quite close to your router using the module.
what s/w did you use for dd image to sdcard
(04-08-2016, 02:28 AM)arpanj2 Wrote: [ -> ]what s/w did you use for dd image to sdcard
I used Win32imagewriter on Windows.  To understand that the original image only works with PhoenixCard, however janjwerners image works fine to a 32GB card.
(04-09-2016, 03:23 AM)jpxdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2016, 02:28 AM)arpanj2 Wrote: [ -> ]what s/w did you use for dd image to sdcard
I used Win32imagewriter on Windows.  To understand that the original image only works with PhoenixCard, however janjwerners image works fine to a 32GB card.

For some reason, the same image was still giving me boot loops when I connect internet Sad

Not sure what the issue is :Sadill try again today!
So this time the image worked with WifI and BT - didnt try with Ethernet!
The 2GB Remix issue already located and plan for a release on this week. The issue was due to an older version of Ethernet driver been installed. They have checked on the longsleep finding but the high_mem flag already set on current code and puzzle what still can causing the boot up issue (it is not memory panic like longsleep observed but a no end loop in boot up process). This issue has been puzzled for few days and yesterday has discovered that the current Ethernet driver is an older version. They have request for the new Ethernet driver and will released once tested. This new release will also include Google PLAY store as everybody anticipated. 
I have good discussion with Remix folks in Beijing on last week, and have discussed on deeper collaboration together. I will post more news when proved that the discussion theory (integrated into Remix mini brunch) works.
This is a great update TL - so when can we expect it for users?
(04-10-2016, 01:50 AM)arpanj2 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great update TL - so when can we expect it for users?

Hopefully in 3-4 days time.
(04-09-2016, 11:38 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The 2GB Remix issue already located and plan for a release on this week. The issue was due to an older version of Ethernet driver been installed. They have checked on the longsleep finding but the high_mem flag already set on current code and puzzle what still can causing the boot up issue (it is not memory panic like longsleep observed but a no end loop in boot up process). This issue has been puzzled for few days and yesterday has discovered that the current Ethernet driver is an older version. They have request for the new Ethernet driver and will released once tested. This new release will also include Google PLAY store as everybody anticipated. 
I have good discussion with Remix folks in Beijing on last week, and have discussed on deeper collaboration together. I will post more news when proved that the discussion theory (integrated into Remix mini brunch) works.

Great news.

Is UVC capability going to be included in the upcoming image?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12