PINE64

Full Version: How to set HDMI output to less than 720p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, totally new here at the forum so bear with me !

I am so far very pleased with the Pine 64 but I have plans of hooking it up to an old TV through a HDMI to VGA converter. The problem is that the TV does not (of course) support 720p. 

So I am looking for some way of setting the HDMI output to, say, 800x600 or less? I have read posts about the build.prop file but no examples on actually doing this!

Could someone please help me out or maybe explain why this is possible / not possible? 

Thanks !
(06-14-2016, 05:24 PM)Kattemageren Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, totally new here at the forum so bear with me !

I am so far very pleased with the Pine 64 but I have plans of hooking it up to an old TV through a HDMI to VGA converter. The problem is that the TV does not (of course) support 720p. 

So I am looking for some way of setting the HDMI output to, say, 800x600 or less? I have read posts about the build.prop file but no examples on actually doing this!

Could someone please help me out or maybe explain why this is possible / not possible? 

Thanks !

Hi Kattemageren!

So far, only 1080p and 720p OS images are supported (and 1024 x 600 on the special LCD touchscreen images). 

Some HDMI to VGA/DVI adapters work, but by no means all. I think you may struggle with a screen that has a native resolution of around 800x600. 

For some reason, most of these SBCs running Android have a dearth of resolution options.