PINE64

Full Version: HDMI to DVI Color issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently received my 64+ board and have loaded Debian on it successfully using an HDMI cable to my TV. 
I then tried the same HDMI cable connected to an HDMI to DVI Adapter to my computer monitor and while I can operate the system, it has a purple/pink tint to the entire screen. 
I've tried various cables with same result.  I tried the DVI connector with same HDMI cable on another system (lattepanda windows board) and it worked fine (no tint).

Is there a setting or something I need to set on this board to get it to work properly via a DVI connector?

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS
HDMI -> DVI is an issue. 

What you are experiencing is due to the display driver changing the colour mode from RGB to YPbPr when you use an adaptor. Currently, your only option is using an active adaptor - those aren't cheap however. 
some monitor/tv have an option to reset color and/or selection of a color mode. if your display has that you could try that. i had a similar tint issue which was fixed by using a reset color option.
(06-14-2016, 05:49 PM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ]some monitor/tv have  an option to reset color and/or selection of a color mode. if your display has that you could try that. i had a similar tint issue which was fixed by using a reset color option.

Indeed, I forgot to mention this-- thanks.
(06-14-2016, 01:43 PM)leatherlips Wrote: [ -> ]I recently received my 64+ board and have loaded Debian on it successfully using an HDMI cable to my TV. 
I then tried the same HDMI cable connected to an HDMI to DVI Adapter to my computer monitor and while I can operate the system, it has a purple/pink tint to the entire screen. 
I've tried various cables with same result.  I tried the DVI connector with same HDMI cable on another system (lattepanda windows board) and it worked fine (no tint).

Is there a setting or something I need to set on this board to get it to work properly via a DVI connector?

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS
I had this problem too. My monitor is a Dell U2412 and in its menus it has a color setting of either RGB or YPbPr. I set it to YPbPr and it works fine now.
(10-08-2017, 06:10 PM)mikedice417 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2016, 01:43 PM)leatherlips Wrote: [ -> ]I recently received my 64+ board and have loaded Debian on it successfully using an HDMI cable to my TV. 

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS
I had this problem too. My monitor is a Dell U2412 and in its menus it has a color setting of either RGB or YPbPr. I set it to YPbPr and it works fine now.

I believe that using sunxidrm would also work.