PINE64

Full Version: CE mark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 
will the Pine A64 have a CE mark that declares that the product meets the requirements of the directives of the European Union?  Cool
(01-19-2016, 12:41 AM)WhizzerDeaver Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
will the Pine A64 have a CE mark that declares that the product meets the requirements of the directives of the European Union?  Cool

Yes, the Pine A64 has CE, ROHS, and FCC certification.
Great, and will the LCD touchscreen an wifi / bluetooth combo have these certifications, too?  Smile
(01-19-2016, 02:09 AM)WhizzerDeaver Wrote: [ -> ]Great, and will the LCD touchscreen an wifi / bluetooth combo have these certifications, too?  Smile

In general, the semi final product may not need the certification. We will check with certification lab and will comply if needed.
(01-19-2016, 10:37 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2016, 02:09 AM)WhizzerDeaver Wrote: [ -> ]Great, and will the LCD touchscreen an wifi / bluetooth combo have these certifications, too?  Smile

In general, the semi final product may not need the certification. We will check with certification lab and will comply if needed.

I think they need the certification. For example in the Directive 2014/30/EU about electromagnetic compatibility it says at the beginning at (8):
Quote:"The equipment covered by this Directive should include both apparatus and fixed installations."

and then in Chapter 1, Article 3:
Quote:"2. For the purposes of this Directive, the following shall be considered as apparatus:
(1) ‘components’ or ‘sub-assemblies’ intended for incorporation into an apparatus by the end-user, which are liable to generate electromagnetic disturbance, or the performance of which is liable to be affected by such disturbance; ..."

But I'm not an expert. So there is a good chance that I'm wrong.  Angel
I think, any device or electronic independent accessory will need the CE certification. In case you assemble all devices together, a new CE certification is required.
(01-23-2016, 08:31 AM)rober3287 Wrote: [ -> ]I think, any device or electronic independent accessory will need the CE certification. In case you assemble all devices together, a new CE certification is required.

I agree with you. The important thing is that the accessory is for end-users. If it were components only for companies that use them in their products, it would be an other case. But this components are directly addressed to end-users with no special knowledge in EMC for example.

But I'm not an expert. So there is a good chance that I'm wrong. Angel
(01-23-2016, 11:13 AM)WhizzerDeaver Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 08:31 AM)rober3287 Wrote: [ -> ]I think, any device or electronic independent accessory will need the CE certification. In case you assemble all devices together, a new CE certification is required.

I agree with you. The important thing is that the accessory is for end-users. If it were components only for companies that use them in their products, it would be an other case. But this components are directly addressed to end-users with no special knowledge in EMC for example.

But I'm not an expert. So there is a good chance that I'm wrong. Angel

I am also not an expert, and I will seek the CE certification lab for their response.
CE marking might be ok for the board it self, but a CE approval does also require a EMC test / verification where the demands are different according to the end usages of the products. e.g. industriral or domestic. I you build the PINE64 together with other circuits might an new approval be required (if you want to put your product on the marked) e.g. if your stacking two PINE64 boards and adding a switch mode power supply will the RF radiation increase and need to be verified with an EMC test in a EMC lab before you can apply a new CE label to the product.