PINE64

Full Version: IoT+ package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Pine64 just arrived yesterday. The included SD card does not appear to have OpenHAB preloaded on it. Am I missing something? There were no notes indicating I can expect an additional SD card.
Why would expect to have OpenHAB application pre-loaded on an SDCard from PineA64 ?
For such application, you need to install it yourself on top of standard Linux image.
Mine came today. Inserted micro sd, ethernet, BT keyboard. Booted right to a openhab login screen.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS openhab tty1
Openhab login:

Not sure what the credentials should be.
So, there is an already prepared image ? I didn't know.
(06-10-2016, 12:14 PM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]Why would expect to have OpenHAB application pre-loaded on an SDCard from PineA64 ?
For such application, you need to install it yourself on top of standard Linux image.

Quote:The PINE A64+ IoT Package
You will get the PINE A64 1GB unit along with 8GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with openHAB software, 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0 Module, Z-Wave Plus IO Card, PINE64 Power Supply, and the PINE64 Enclosure. You can upgrade to a 2GB model later for $10.
(Light Assembly Required)

For less technically inclined folks as myself...I was hoping to avoid the setup steps. I thought I had paid for that convenience.

(06-10-2016, 01:24 PM)farfle Wrote: [ -> ]Mine came today. Inserted micro sd, ethernet, BT keyboard. Booted right to a openhab login screen.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS openhab tty1
Openhab login:

Not sure what the credentials should be.

Well glad I'm not crazy. But I am disappointed that it does not appear to be loaded on mine...
Hi folks,

Yes, the IoT package is supposed to ship with an openHAB SD card image (if you ordered it that way), but I have heard that a few people accidentially have received other images like Android. The Pine guys can probably give more details here.

You can find some details about the image here. So now you should also be able to log in :-)
It has openHAB 2 beta 3 installed, but you can easily put other versions on it as well.

Regards,
Kai
(06-10-2016, 02:15 PM)kai Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

Yes, the IoT package is supposed to ship with an openHAB SD card image (if you ordered it that way), but I have heard that a few people accidentially have received other images like Android. The Pine guys can probably give more details here.

You can find some details about the image here. So now you should also be able to log in :-)
It has openHAB 2 beta 3 installed, but you can easily put other versions on it as well.

Regards,
Kai

Seems like the shipping folks may mistaken shipped out the Android build microSD card. I will check with them when they resume back on operation on Sunday. We are not sure whether the error from backerkit database or shipper mistake. Kai already provide the openHAB image and I have posted on wiki page, please download and reprogram the microSD card. Sorry on this confusion.
I finally got my PINE64, and I backed the IoT+ package, but I didn't get the z-wave module...
I'm very confused. I thought the whole delay I got was because of programming the z-wave card.

In total, I'm missing:
8GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with openHAB software,
Z-Wave Plus IO Card,
and the PINE64 Enclosure.

Did packing go completely bonkers? Sad
(07-14-2016, 02:53 AM)Mirar Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got my PINE64, and I backed the IoT+ package, but I didn't get the z-wave module...
I'm very confused. I thought the whole delay I got was because of programming the z-wave card.

In total, I'm missing:
8GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with openHAB software,
Z-Wave Plus IO Card,
and the PINE64 Enclosure.

Did packing go completely bonkers? Sad

The ZWave board will shipped together with ABS enclosure.
(07-14-2016, 04:24 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The ZWave board will shipped together with ABS enclosure.

Do we have an ETA on these yet?
Pages: 1 2