PINE64

Full Version: I can't create the microsd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I can't create the microsd with Phoenix Card, when I choose the *.img file the program says: "Script NOT found. Please use new version image". I try with Android, Xubuntu and Remix. Thanks.
(06-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Arkhanjel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I can't create the microsd with Phoenix Card, when I choose the *.img file the program says: "Script NOT found. Please use new version image". I try with Android, Xubuntu and Remix. Thanks.

You cannot create Linux images with Phoenix Card. I also suspect that you tried burning dd images - hence the error.

This is the Remix OS and Android images you need for Phoenix Card. You need win32imager (granted you are on windows) to burn a linux image. 

Remember to set 'Startup! in Phoenix Card.

If you have further problems let me know on here or in chat (see sig)

[edit] oh, and you can burn the images you have already downloaded using win32imager - if you got ones that fit your SD card size
It is confusing because there are different tools depending on the end goal.  I happen to use Windows and so here is a summary of the Windows tools.

Win32DiskImager - This is a rock solid program that is used to burn .img files to SD Cards.  You will use this to burn a Linux image to a card.  (Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, etc...)

PhoenixCard - This is a special tool to burn Android variants.  (Remix, Android, etc....)  I have not personally used this, but the forum is full of stories about how it can be finicky.  Regardless, you must use this tool if you want to create an Android image to use on your Pine.
(06-08-2016, 10:24 AM)jl_678 Wrote: [ -> ]It is confusing because there are different tools depending on the end goal.  I happen to use Windows and so here is a summary of the Windows tools.

Win32DiskImager - This is a rock solid program that is used to burn .img files to SD Cards.  You will use this to burn a Linux image to a card.  (Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, etc...)

PhoenixCard - This is a special tool to burn Android variants.  (Remix, Android, etc....)  I have not personally used this, but the forum is full of stories about how it can be finicky.  Regardless, you must use this tool if you want to create an Android image to use on your Pine.

Win32DiskImager can also be used to burn specific-sized (8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) versions of the Android and Remix operating systems. There are both PhoenixCard and these DiskImager 'DD-able' images available on the Software Release section of the Pine64 wiki.

Script Not Found errors are due to trying to burn a DD image using PhoenixCard. It will not work. 

See also:
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1146