PINE64

Full Version: LCD Installation Walkthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-15-2017, 12:52 PM)akron Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link and dpkg builds! Unfortunately, the armbian Debian Linux distro must be behind the ubuntu, and the xf86-input library that you linked to the tslib input is a version ahead of the one that I am using. I think I'll be able to use the libts packages though. Did you need to patch xf86-input-tslib on launchpad to get it to work?

(02-10-2017, 03:31 PM) Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 01:31 PM)akron Wrote: [ -> ]This is the information I wish was in one place when I was getting my LCD/touch to work using a Linux distro as opposed to Android.

Problems connecting LCD and touch to your Pine64? Make sure to use the following instructions:

http://files.pine64.org/doc/guide/PINE64..._Guide.pdf

Problems getting LCD/touch to work with Linux? Check out the following:

https://docs.armbian.com/board_details/pine64/

both Debian and Ubuntu Armbian builds worked for me if you follow the instructions for editing the armbianEnv.txt.

Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X.

I can currently cat the raw device from /dev/input/eventX and verify that the touch device works but haven't figured out how to get X11 to load the evdev module for it. My XOrg.log says that it can't find a driver for it. Tried adding a "99-touch.conf" file to xorg.conf.d directory, but no luck. Anyone have a pointer to how to resolve this problem? The XOrg.Log file looks the same with or without this additional .conf file. Not necessarily a Pine64 question but one that will help other Pine64 Touch users.

I am not sure if i understand your question, when you say: "Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X. ", you mean you can get the Touch events but it does not work in X11?

Yes. The kernel module loads. The xf86 evdev driver does not seem to recognize the touchpad, no touch pointer seen with xinput --list.

Okay, got it working using evdev xorg drivers. You must patch xserver-xorg-input-evdev with the patch at:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver...07668d040c

After you build the dpkg with the above patch, the following should be added as /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-touchscreen.conf

Section "InputClass"
  Identifier    "touchscreen catchall"
  Driver        "evdev"
  MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
  MatchProduct "gt9xxf_ts"
  Option        "Mode" "Absolute"
  Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
  Option        "SendCoreEvents" "true"
EndSection

The 'Option' lines might not be necessary.

I restarted my [x]dm service, and all was good. (xdm could be lightdm, sddm, etc.)

When you run 'xinput', you should see gt9xxf_ts listed as a pointer under 'Virtual core pointer'
I have the LCD touchscreen working from Armbian (with and without the tslib-xorg packages).

Now I would like to try the same with a non-Armbian version of Ubuntu.

Can anyone say what is happening under the hood, when pine64_lcd=on is set in /boot/armbianEnv.txt?

BR.

--Marius--
So what's the current status of getting the official LCD working in Ubuntu? I'm running Longsleep's image with MATE. I think I can get the LCD to display, but how do I get the touch part to work?

Or is that still impossible?
Hey guys,
              Newbie here, I was spending the last couple of days trying to get the new Android v6.0.1 LCD/HDMI build for 16GSD to work on my pine 1gig and had much trouble. Tried a few images put onto sd card using a few different programs. All had different results, but no LCD working. Last image, the power LED would turn off after a couple secs and that was it. I was using a 5v 2A adapter provided by Pine etc...if I unhooked the LCD ribbons, the power light stayed on and the HDMI would work...

Sifting through the forum and online I tried trouble shooting what I could, not understanding a lot of the technical jargon and things people said needed to be done, I finally just took the card, stuffed it into a 2gig pine with everything hooked up (wifi/bt module) and boom, LCD and touch work just like that. I put a ubuntu card I had into the 1gig pine and it works, so I know the pine is fine.

Just wondering if anyone else knew this, or why maybe that is.
(03-12-2017, 05:58 PM)apple4ever Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the current status of getting the official LCD working in Ubuntu? I'm running Longsleep's image with MATE. I think I can get the LCD to display, but how do I get the touch part to work?

Or is that still impossible?

Following up: I got everything working by following the instruction on this thread:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2247
Pages: 1 2 3 4