PINE64

Full Version: Accessory: IR Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

after a long waiting time, I finally got my Pine64 in the mail. Sadly I don't have everything to test it. I also ordered a remote due to my wish to use this as a media center. According to this recent thread a 3 pin add-on is to be delivered with the remote, however I don't see one in my package.  Huh

(02-22-2016, 10:51 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The 3pin IR receiver device will include together with IR remote control.

... TL Lim

Anybody who also ordered the accessory and got the IR receiver? Am I the only one?

Best Regards,
Andreas
(05-31-2016, 11:36 AM)tcmsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

after a long waiting time, I finally got my Pine64 in the mail. Sadly I don't have everything to test it. I also ordered a remote due to my wish to use this as a media center. According to this recent thread a 3 pin add-on is to be delivered with the remote, however I don't see one in my package.  Huh

(02-22-2016, 10:51 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]The 3pin IR receiver device will include together with IR remote control.

... TL Lim

Anybody who also ordered the accessory and got the IR receiver? Am I the only one?

Best Regards,
Andreas

The IR receiver sensor tape on the IR remote control box. Please check. We have ship out few thousands IR remote kit.
(05-31-2016, 05:19 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

... TL Lim

Best Regards,
Andreas

The IR receiver sensor tape on the IR remote control box. Please check. We have ship out few thousands IR remote kit.

I guess I wasn't so luck then. This was the state of what was in the package:

[Image: Remote.jpg]

As you can see, there is a tape on the box but nothing underneath it. I haven't modified the tape at all. The package contained my two Pines, cables, the remote and two extra buttons. Nothing else, I checked like 3 times.

How can I proceed from here? Where can I do this officially and get a working IR receiver? I don't want to cause any additional costs to any of us if possible or go for the cheapest solution at least.

I don't need the receiver immediately, since I doubt the actual support in Android is not present, yet.

Thanks your your support.
(06-01-2016, 01:24 PM)tcmsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2016, 05:19 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

... TL Lim

Best Regards,
Andreas

I guess I wasn't so luck then. This was the state of what was in the package:

[Image: Remote.jpg]

As you can see, there is a tape on the box but nothing underneath it. I haven't modified the tape at all. The package contained my two Pines, cables, the remote and two extra buttons. Nothing else, I checked like 3 times.

How can I proceed from here? Where can I do this officially and get a working IR receiver? I don't want to cause any additional costs to any of us if possible or go for the cheapest solution at least.

I don't need the receiver immediately, since I doubt the actual support in Android is not present, yet.

Thanks your your support.

Sorry on the lost IR receiver. Please PM your name, shipping address and phone number (for shipping purpose), we will ship to you.
(06-01-2016, 09:25 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry on the lost IR receiver. Please PM your name, shipping address and phone number (for shipping purpose), we will ship to you.

Thank you very much. I've sent you a PM with the necessary details.

Regarding the IR receiver topic: Is there any support for it already or do you know when it would be done? Is there a way one could contribute to implementing/integrating it?
(06-02-2016, 01:02 AM)tcmsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 09:25 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry on the lost IR receiver. Please PM your name, shipping address and phone number (for shipping purpose), we will ship to you.

Thank you very much. I've sent you a PM with the necessary details.

Regarding the IR receiver topic: Is there any support for it already or do you know when it would be done? Is there a way one could contribute to implementing/integrating it?

On Android and Remix build, the remote control already support. If any developer interest to implement on Linux, this is welcome.
That's good news. I can look into it, however not that soon. First of all I need to set up my Pine64 and prepare an appropriate environment.
I didn't know that the Backerkit will get locked down, so I failed to order my IR remote.

Anybody can direct me to where I can order the IR remote and the IR receiver module?

Huh  Oh, looks like I can order the remote & the IR diode sensor from sparkfun.com , right? Anybody here did that too and succeeded?
(06-10-2016, 10:12 PM)lospinos Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know that the Backerkit will get locked down, so I failed to order my IR remote.

Anybody can direct me to where I can order the IR remote and the IR receiver module?

Huh  Oh, looks like I can order the remote & the IR diode sensor from sparkfun.com , right? Anybody here did that too and succeeded?

You can order at https://shop.pine64.com/
Ha, maybe I got your receiver! I'd ordered the remote, and when the package arrived, no remote, but I did get the receiver!

TL has since corrected the issue, but it was funny to get the reverse of you.