PINE64

Full Version: How to root the LCD android img
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i got the stock LCD android image working and i was wondering how i would root it
(05-28-2016, 08:13 AM)nath16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i got the stock LCD android image working and i was wondering how i would root it

The LCD version is not a root version. We will release one on next week.
(05-28-2016, 08:13 AM)nath16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i got the stock LCD android image working and i was wondering how i would root it

I'd like an answer to this too!  Tried "king root" or "Kingo root" APK or whatever it's called - runs through to 99% then reboots and never roots.

Every guide I read is specific for Samsungs or LGs...

(but what I really want is a Linux distro with touchpanel support!  Hell I'd even put up with LXDE, KDE or Mate [I prefer XFCE4, Unity or elementary]).
I would also appreciate a Linux distro with LCD and Camera support.
(06-17-2016, 12:55 PM)modsbyus Wrote: [ -> ]I would also appreciate a Linux distro with LCD and Camera support.

The current distro already have the LCD and Camera support.
Which Linux distribution? I loaded Debian mate today with lcd touchscreen attached and the display did not work. Android lcd version works but I need the lcd touchscreen to work on any Linux distribution so I can fully use the ethernet capabilities.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
(06-17-2016, 04:51 PM)modsbyus Wrote: [ -> ]Which Linux distribution? I loaded Debian mate today with lcd touchscreen attached and the display did not work. Android lcd version works but I need the lcd touchscreen to work on any Linux distribution so I can fully use the ethernet capabilities.

This is Android thread and I assume your question related to this topic. For Linux, we are current engaging with one developer to explore on the Linux integration for LCD and camera.
That would be awesome! I was commenting on UnixOutlaw's comment.