PINE64

Full Version: Linux Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(10-26-2016, 07:03 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing stopping you running a DE/GUI on Armbian - in fact they documented the steps to install a simple desktop environment here. However, these are the generic instructions - the Pine64 specific stuff has been documented by tkaiser here.

Excellent info. Thanks!
(10-26-2016, 06:09 PM)HayseedGeek Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016, 11:55 AM)vintagewaffle Wrote: [ -> ]The touch panel is slightly more than just dts tweaking, you also need to patch the panel driver and make sure it's compiled when building the kernel.
However once that is done, the touch panel works great, I have it running under armbian at the moment.

Help me out here because I'm a bit unsure what you are saying. I'm under the impression that Armbian is headless. How would the touch panel even be relevant in that environment?
I didn't start with the official armbian build, you can get the LCD working from it, but for the touch panel you have to recompile the kernel so I just built the whole image with the desktop option.

Armbian is very easy to build: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib

I'm trying to get some patches made so that it's repeatable but I'm running into some problems at the moment. 
It's based on the work of longsleep, ayufan and tkaiser already mentioned in this thread. 

I'll post up the patches once I get the build to work reliably without a bunch of manual steps.
UPDATE: The support is now merged into the armbian main repos so just building from there will include support for LCD/Touchpanel
http://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_...eparation/

No need to follow the instructions below
===========================================
Ok, sorry for the long delay, I couldn't get the patches to work correctly with the dtb's for some reason so I ended up forking the entire project.

If you follow the armbian build instructions but clone my repo instead of the official one:
apt-get -y install git
git clone https://github.com/mbergstrand/lib --depth 1
cp lib/compile.sh .
./compile.sh

Select the following:
- Full OS image for writing to SD card
- pine64
- default kernel
- xenial
- Image with desktop environment

_Should_ give you an image with working LCD with touch out of the box.
As of today it's up to date with armbian and longsleeps kernel and I will try and keep it so, but I can't give any guarantees.

Note, I haven't tested this build without the LCD and I haven't tested multi-head with the HDMI at the same time.
: very nice work ! ... for clarification is this touch ( TP ) connector on the 7" LCD ?

Thanks again, cool.
(10-31-2016, 10:53 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ] : very nice work !  ... for clarification is this touch ( TP ) connector on the 7" LCD ?

Thanks again, cool.
Yep, pine64 7inch LCD.
Thanks. Hopefully it works for others as well.
(10-31-2016, 12:30 PM)vintagewaffle Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2016, 10:53 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ] : very nice work !  ... for clarification is this touch ( TP ) connector on the 7" LCD ?

Thanks again, cool.
Yep, pine64 7inch LCD.
Thanks. Hopefully it works for others as well.

Excellent !
(10-31-2016, 10:31 AM)vintagewaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, sorry for the long delay, I couldn't get the patches to work correctly with the dtb's for some reason so I ended up forking the entire project.

If you follow the armbian build instructions but clone my repo instead of the official one:
apt-get -y install git
cp lib/compile.sh .
./compile.sh

Select the following:
- pine64
- default kernel
- xenial

As of today it's up to date with armbian and longsleeps kernel and I will try and keep it so, but I can't give any guarantees.

Note, I haven't tested this build without the LCD and I haven't tested multi-head with the HDMI at the same time.

WooHoo!!!!

I love your work. I'm downloading now to test.

only thing so far is with your instructions above is the apt-get (der) and the compile.sh commands you need sudo or root account.
(10-31-2016, 10:31 AM)vintagewaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, sorry for the long delay, I couldn't get the patches to work correctly with the dtb's for some reason so I ended up forking the entire project.

apt-get -y install git
cp lib/compile.sh .
./compile.sh

Select the following:
- pine64
- default kernel
- xenial

When I tried to compile I get errors. I hope you can help me sort it out. Here they are
In file included from include/linux/compiler.h:40:0,
 from include/linux/byteorder/little_endian.h:12,
 from /home/gary/sources/u-boot-pine64/master/u-boot-pine64/arch/arm/include/asm/byteorder.h:29,
 from include/compiler.h:112,
 from include/image.h:19,
 from /home/gary/sources/u-boot-pine64/master/u-boot-pine64/include/common.h:94:
 include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:95:30: fatal error: linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory
 #include gcc_header(__GNUC__)

compilation terminated.
 GEN     include/autoconf.mk
 from /home/gary/sources                                                                                       
 include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:95:30: fatal error: linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory               #include gcc_header(__GNUC__)

compilation terminated.
 HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep                                         │  
 CC      lib/asm-offsets.s                                         
 CHK     include/generated                
from /home/gary/sources/u-boot-pine64/master/u-boot-pine64/arch/arm/include/asm/byteorder.h:29,
from include/common.h:94,
from lib/asm-offsets.c:15:
include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:95:30: fatal error: linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory
Makefile:1122: recipe for target 'prepare0' failed                     │  
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gary/sources/u-boot-pine64/master/u- │  
Makefile:25: recipe for target 'u_boot_pine64' failed                  │  
]: *** [prepare0] Error 2                                              ^
make: *** [u_boot_pine64] Error 2              compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [lib/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
[ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ common.sh:110 ]
[ error ] U-boot file not found [ u-boot-with-dtb.bin ]
[ o.k. ] Process terminated
(11-01-2016, 07:40 PM)modsbyus Wrote: [ -> ]

apt-get -y install git
cp lib/compile.sh .
./compile.sh

Select the following:
- pine64
- default kernel
- xenial

When I tried to compile I get errors. I hope you can help me sort it out. Here they are
 #include gcc_header(__GNUC__)

compilation terminated.
 GEN     include/autoconf.mk
 from /home/gary/sources                                                                                       
 include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:95:30: fatal error: linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory               #include gcc_header(__GNUC__)

compilation terminated.
 HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep                                         │  
 CC      lib/asm-offsets.s                                         
 CHK     include/generated                
from include/common.h:94,
from lib/asm-offsets.c:15:
Makefile:1122: recipe for target 'prepare0' failed                     │  
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gary/sources/u-boot-pine64/master/u- │  
Makefile:25: recipe for target 'u_boot_pine64' failed                  │  
]: *** [prepare0] Error 2                                              ^
make: *** [u_boot_pine64] Error 2              compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [lib/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
[ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ common.sh:110 ]
[ error ] U-boot file not found [ u-boot-with-dtb.bin ]
[ o.k. ] Process terminated
I originally had weird issues like above. Fixed it by going to the armbian site and downloading the iso they recommended, installing into a free virtual machine like vmware player and then it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
What should I download on their site? Just the 64bit image? I am using VirtualBox.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7