PINE64

Full Version: Linux Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(06-16-2016, 08:29 AM)Krinilssen Wrote: [ -> ]TLLIM, can you please answer or give some input on have the LCD work with Linux in general such as arch Linux or Debian? Would be nice to see you answer this threads main topic instead of another android build.

I am currently working with one developer on the LCD support for Linux. This work already started last week and will takes few weeks to develop and also need to concurrent in sync with recent Allwinner LCD driver development.
Just received my Pine64, and noticed that it's approaching "a few weeks".
Have you had any progress on this one?
Okay guys, this is the first time I post anything on here and I think I have been quite patient.
But you don't even put up so much as a warning when people buy unsupported combinations (i.e. linux distro with lcd display).

If you intend pine64 to become a community project, you have to invite the community to support it. That means things have to be open, source/specs for drivers available. And most importantly, things that you ship should at least work when you ship them.

Please step up your support and at the very least keep us informed of your timeline and progress.
(07-11-2016, 12:56 PM)vintagewaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Okay guys, this is the first time I post anything on here and I think I have been quite patient.
But you don't even put up so much as a warning when people buy unsupported combinations (i.e. linux distro with lcd display).

If you intend pine64 to become a community project, you have to invite the community to support it. That means things have to be open, source/specs for drivers available. And most importantly, things that you ship should at least work when you ship them.

Please step up your support and at the very least keep us informed of your timeline and progress.

We always welcome and invite on the community support. When our developer able to get LCD works on Linux environment, we will post back the works.
So there isn't any support for the touchscreen LCD on Ubuntu at all? Like not even displaying? That's very dissappointing. Had I know that, I probably wouldn't have gotten the LCD right away. I mean its totally useless for me. No I'm not running the Android image. I got this because it supported Ubuntu, not Android. 

I hope this will be fixed soon.
(06-16-2016, 12:15 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2016, 08:29 AM)Krinilssen Wrote: [ -> ]TLLIM, can you please answer or give some input on have the LCD work with Linux in general such as arch Linux or Debian? Would be nice to see you answer this threads main topic instead of another android build.

I am currently working with one developer on the LCD support for Linux. This work already started last week and will takes few weeks to develop and also need to concurrent in sync with recent Allwinner LCD driver development.

Six weeks later - any advances or progress?

I just burnt the rooted Android version to an SD card and got Lollipop up and running without too much drama (accidentally dropped a printer onto the first 7" screen I got from you guys - so I ordered another - even without any solid promise of linux support for it)...

So - I REALLY want a Linux build with support for the 7" LCD that you sell punters...   Preferably Debian XFCE4...

Seriously - who'd run Android on a "Super Computer"?
Unix Outlaw I am working on that mate.

I just got through the Mali integration which is key to the LCD as well

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...3#pid16963
(07-30-2016, 03:50 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: [ -> ]Unix Outlaw I am working on that mate.

I just got through the Mali integration which is key to the LCD as well

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...3#pid16963

Awesome stuff mate!  Can't wait!
I withdraw my request for 7" LCD support in Linux...

Going to use my 7" panel purchased from Pine on my NTC CHIP instead... possibly... or even Banana...

I've got two of them (one's badly cracked - but I can use it as a dumb display with no touch)...
Yeah I'm disappointed that the LCD is worthless. I'll probably try to sell it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7