PINE64

Full Version: Not possible to make a bootable SD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I'm trying to burn a bootable SD for my Pine, but Phoenixcard AND etcher are not able to burn the image to the SD. I don't have a clue where I'm missing something, but it's starting to get anoying Angry  .

Best regards,
Mischa
mishca if you are using windows and the phoenix card program is not working try to download an already prepared DD Image and use win32 disk imager.
Hi Mod,

Good guess, I'm using Windows 10. These images are different from the images that can be downloaded here?

If yes, where can I find these DD-images?

Regards,
Mischa
(05-24-2016, 02:40 PM)mischa72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mod,

They are different from the images that can be downloaded here?

If yes, where can I find these DD-images?

Regards,
Mischa

For phoenix card you need this image

Remember that you need to set 'Startup!' option in the phoenix software to have the Pine64 boot. 

For win32imager (as Lenny suggested) you need one of the other images from the Wiki (choose the one that fits your card size). 

Hope this helps
Thanks for your help Luke, If I want to write the 32GB image to a 32GB SD-card it reports there is not enough space on the disk. Now I'll try to write the Phoenixcard Image to the SD-card. Let's hope this works.

Regards,
Mischa
(05-25-2016, 02:18 PM)mischa72 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help Luke, If I want to write the 32GB image to a 32GB SD-card it reports there is not enough space on the disk. Now I'll try to write the Phoenixcard Image to the SD-card. Let's hope this works.

Regards,
Mischa

Keep us posted :Smile good luck!
Hi guys,

I managed to burn the Phoenixcard image to the SD until a certain level. Here's the result:

[attachment=230]

I really don't have a clue what goed wrong and the software doesn't make me any smarter  Huh

Regards,
Mischa
(05-26-2016, 12:43 PM)mischa72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I managed to burn the Phoenixcard image to the SD until a certain level. Here's the result:

I really don't have a clue what goed wrong and the software doesn't make me any smarter  Huh

Regards,
Mischa

Looks like Phoenixcard don't like your microSD card. Try to use the DD image method.
(05-27-2016, 12:10 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2016, 12:43 PM)mischa72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Regards,
Mischa

Looks like Phoenixcard don't like your microSD card. Try to use the DD image method.

Aha, damn! Is there a list of "accepted" SD-cards? Can't really recall the brand and type of the card I'm using.
Tried about 20 times on a Windows 8.1 "Dell laptop - using that "Phoenix 3.10" same result every time.  Some "!228" error.  

I AM FORCED to use this  software and Windows because the image I want to burn - i.e. Android 5.1.1 with LCD is ONLY available to write from Windows.

I would 10,000,000 x rather do this from Linux.  I don't use Windows.  Using "dd" is "une piece de gateau!"

Tried it on my daughter's Windows 8.1 desktop PC, doesn't even see the SD card!

The Dell laptop and my daughter's desktop are the only machines with MS Winsucks that have SD card readers.  I've got several Linux boxen with SD card readers...  Why not create the DD image like you said you were going to do a week ago Pine?  Can't find the post now - can't remember if it was on the wiki, pine 64 page, or this forum....  but I'm waiting for a DD image for the LCD version of Android...  I'd rather Linux or Remix than Android...

(4 users online - and this forum has reached maximum server load - what a joke!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the forum post from last week - saying there'd be a DD image for the LCD "next week" (which is THIS WEEK - and I don't see it there!)
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...5#pid10025
Pages: 1 2