PINE64

Full Version: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Tbh now I'm annoyed at tllim ignoring my question/pm, and granting replacement boards for g_t_j, while not even bothering to answer me -_-
Just received my pine so i'm going thru the forums and noticed your thread.
I haven't read anything about speed and autodetect on your issue.
Gigabit is known to have some issues with autodetect protocol on some devices when both device (switch and device) are not using same configuration, either both in autodetect or none (forced speed).
Did you try this ?
I tried my switch in 10/100/1000 half/full duplex - 10/100 works as expected, 1000 not at all / 1.5mbps at best.
looks like it's going to 10 half, which is a common autoneg issue.
It's not auto negotiatimg when I force 1000 half or full on my switch?
auto negociate is a flag you have to check on both device
Yes, and its off on my switch..
is it "on" on the pine ?
Tbh I've not tried changeing it on the pine, only had it changed on the switch. I can give it a go, but quick q first:
Auto negotiate works fine when I have everything ticked except 1000 / max.

See screenshots, and guess which config works Smile
http://m.imgur.com/Y1ItAyr,pI3jV7U
the problem is that autoneg is not the same protocol when you use it on 100 FULL and 1000 Full.
Thats why mixing both is always a bad idea.
Normally i go for 100 FULL without autoneg on all devices or 1000 FULL with autoneg on all devices.
You can also work on a port by port configuration if you switch allows, which normally does.
100 FULL with mixed configuration still works while 1000 FULL with mixed configurations have mixed results Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16