PINE64

Full Version: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Well, my linux builds use
tx-delay = 3;
rx-delay = 0;

while the Android build i have checked last uses
tx-delay = 2;
rx-delay = 2;

So there might be differences. Please continue experimenting with different settings - if you wish you could send me your Pine64 so i could check (Germany) - send me a PM.
(06-02-2016, 06:04 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016, 05:55 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016, 01:03 PM)androsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 01:00 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]They least they got to do is to verify it is a software issue and not a hardware one. As if it is related to any hardware defect, all those we have problems now we won't be covered in a month...
Fully agreed, i am willing to send my Pine64+ to anybody with a working setup to verify his setup also enables my Pine to full speed GB-Lan. By those figures of people having problems i doubt in the meantime they did test those boards....
If anybody likes to test my Pine for full speed lan, send me a PN and i will send it to him...

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

Since there are several complaints on the gigabit Ethernet performance issue on Android build, I have ask the Android engineering team to revisit on the Gigabit implementation.

The thing is that 2 of my boards which refuse to connect to the internet with Android are also very very slow with Linux. (1-1.5Mbps download speed while my internet connection tops at 75).

Is there a simple way to determine whether they are faulty or not?

If one board, there may be chance of faulty. For two board have same issue, the chance of faulty is low. Have you try out connect with different router?
He has 4 boards - 2 works, 2 doesnt.
(06-03-2016, 11:39 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016, 01:03 PM)androsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 01:00 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]They least they got to do is to verify it is a software issue and not a hardware one. As if it is related to any hardware defect, all those we have problems now we won't be covered in a month...
Fully agreed, i am willing to send my Pine64+ to anybody with a working setup to verify his setup also enables my Pine to full speed GB-Lan. By those figures of people having problems i doubt in the meantime they did test those boards....
If anybody likes to test my Pine for full speed lan, send me a PN and i will send it to him...

Since there are several complaints on the gigabit Ethernet performance issue on Android build, I have ask the Android engineering team to revisit on the Gigabit implementation.

The thing is that 2 of my boards which refuse to connect to the internet with Android are also very very slow with Linux. (1-1.5Mbps download speed while my internet connection tops at 75).

If one board, there may be chance of faulty. For two board have same issue, the chance of faulty is low. Have you try out connect with different router?

No I haven't because there's no other option in my house.

I tried different ports, even tried connecting directly to my hub as opposed to my GB switch - no difference.

I have since made a few more tests: 
I tested the 2 ''non-working'' boards with Debian aside from Ubuntu. I got the same numbers with Ubuntu.
Both in Jessie and Ubuntu I get anything from 1 Mbps to 5 Mpbs max in both boards while they refuse to connect to anything under latest Android and Remix.

My 2 ''working'' boards connect straightly under any OS I tried and record normal speeds of my connection (75Mbps / 5 Mbps).

I've also checked the 2 ''non-working'' boards for any visible damage but they seem absolutely fine. They are not bent in the slightest and are absolutely identical to my 2 ''working'' ones.

I'm really stuck and don't know what to do.
Please come over with a solution as soon as possible. 
I'm overly satisfied with the board and I believe it can only get better with software upgrades but cannot keep 2 defective boards (if that's the case).
(06-03-2016, 11:47 AM)yusijs Wrote: [ -> ]He has 4 boards - 2 works, 2 doesnt.
Thanks, I have keep follow on this thread.
(06-03-2016, 11:52 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016, 01:03 PM)androsch Wrote: [ -> ]Fully agreed, i am willing to send my Pine64+ to anybody with a working setup to verify his setup also enables my Pine to full speed GB-Lan. By those figures of people having problems i doubt in the meantime they did test those boards....

I tried different ports, even tried connecting directly to my hub as opposed to my GB switch - no difference.

I tested the 2 ''non-working'' boards with Debian aside from Ubuntu. I got the same numbers with Ubuntu.
Both in Jessie and Ubuntu I get anything from 1 Mbps to 5 Mpbs max in both boards while they refuse to connect to anything under latest Android and Remix.

My 2 ''working'' boards connect straightly under any OS I tried and record normal speeds of my connection (75Mbps / 5 Mbps).

I've also checked the 2 ''non-working'' boards for any visible damage but they seem absolutely fine. They are not bent in the slightest and are absolutely identical to my 2 ''working'' ones.

I'm overly satisfied with the board and I believe it can only get better with software upgrades but cannot keep 2 defective boards (if that's the case).
Frankly speaking, my direct sense tell me that these two boards are not defective. However, I can accept on your claim as defective. Please PM me your shipping info, I will ask shipping facility ship out two new boards to you.
I'm having the exact same issue - any chance I could get a new one as well? Hell, I'll even send you the one I have now for testing if you'd like.
(06-03-2016, 12:04 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2016, 11:47 AM)yusijs Wrote: [ -> ]He has 4 boards - 2 works, 2 doesnt.
Thanks, I have keep follow on this thread.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. That's exactly the case with me.

(06-03-2016, 12:10 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2016, 11:52 AM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016, 05:55 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]Since there are several complaints on the gigabit Ethernet performance issue on Android build, I have ask the Android engineering team to revisit on the Gigabit implementation.

Frankly speaking, my direct sense tell me that these two boards are not defective. However, I can accept on your claim as defective. Please PM me your shipping info, I will ask shipping facility ship out two new boards to you.

Thanks a lot TL Lim. I will PM you now.

Just for the sake of things, I want to clarify that I'm willing to return the 2 ''Defective'' boards to either you or Lonsleep for evaluation. I don't want to take advantage of the situation. I will gladly do my part to help develop Pine64.
Have tested rx/tx similar to Android in longsleeps build also, no progress. Have PN to longsleep to keep him posted and will keep forum updated, if there are some results...

Same issue here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16