PINE64

Full Version: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
My board also doesn't work as it should in GBe, in both Android and RemixOS, it's very slow.. max 1Mbit.
In Linux it works just fine, tested with ubuntu xenial and latest longsleep's kernel.
I just popped on here to see if the Gigabit problem has been resolved.  Sad to see its not.  The only way to get my Pine64+ to work on my LAN was to use a 100M switch.
Same. Mine is put in the drawer, waiting for better days. I'd love to use it, as it's got more juice than my rpi 2. Hopefully it'll get resolved some day.
They least they got to do is to verify it is a software issue and not a hardware one. As if it is related to any hardware defect, all those we have problems now we won't be covered in a month...
(06-01-2016, 01:00 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]They least they got to do is to verify it is a software issue and not a hardware one. As if it is related to any hardware defect, all those we have problems now we won't be covered in a month...
Fully agreed, i am willing to send my Pine64+ to anybody with a working setup to verify his setup also enables my Pine to full speed GB-Lan. By those figures of people having problems i doubt in the meantime they did test those boards....
If anybody likes to test my Pine for full speed lan, send me a PN and i will send it to him...

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk
It's not a HW issue since it works fine in Linux...
(06-02-2016, 01:03 PM)androsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 01:00 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]They least they got to do is to verify it is a software issue and not a hardware one. As if it is related to any hardware defect, all those we have problems now we won't be covered in a month...
Fully agreed, i am willing to send my Pine64+ to anybody with a working setup to verify his setup also enables my Pine to full speed GB-Lan. By those figures of people having problems i doubt in the meantime they did test those boards....
If anybody likes to test my Pine for full speed lan, send me a PN and i will send it to him...

Since there are several complaints on the gigabit Ethernet performance issue on Android build, I have ask the Android engineering team to revisit on the Gigabit implementation.
(06-02-2016, 05:55 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Since there are several complaints on the gigabit Ethernet performance issue on Android build, I have ask the Android engineering team to revisit on the Gigabit implementation.

The thing is that 2 of my boards which refuse to connect to the internet with Android are also very very slow with Linux. (1-1.5Mbps download speed while my internet connection tops at 75).

Is there a simple way to determine whether they are faulty or not?

Thank you tl for looking into it again. As was mentioned by the poster above me, the issue exists on linux as well, just not *as* bad. For me, I get 5mbps on debian, while on android I get 0 (give or take 0.1). What I would ask you to do, if possible, is to send your android engineers 30-50 boards with GBe, have them deploy it to all of them, and run network tests through a gigabit connection. That way, you could also ensure it's not a hardware related issue. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

My problem exists in Linux (longsleeps build), i'm not interested in Android!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16