PINE64

Full Version: Kodi lag with debian-20160508
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 
I have just received my 2GB board. I tried this OS as first. All great (wifi module, keyboard)!! I have a fluid interface of the system but when I start Kodi it lags. 
In particular I have a very low reactivity of the mouse (that works great outside Kodi)

Is it a known issue? Can I solve it?

Thank in advance
(05-17-2016, 03:59 AM)Informatica Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, 
I have just received my 2GB board. I tried this OS as first. All great (wifi module, keyboard)!! I have a fluid interface of the system but when I start Kodi it lags. 
In particular I have a very low reactivity of the mouse (that works great outside Kodi)

Thank in advance

Lenny may correct me on this, but I am pretty sure that kodi in his debian image is still somewhat of an experimental feature - he just added kodi in the last release. [Edit] This is what he writes in his post "as for Kodi as mentioned before it works in windowed mode (simply hit "\" key) and go to settings>video>acceleration and use software render mode." Hope this helps Smile
(05-17-2016, 03:59 AM)Informatica Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, 

Thank in advance

Congratulations. Mine haven't arrived yet.
How long it took to deliver to you from China?
It is experimental as there is currently no 3d acceleration in Linux for the Pine. We are awaiting Binaries for the Mali 400 which should address this issue in the future

OK, thanks! So it is only a temporary problem. I'll wait.

I'll update the relative post that you can find here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=419
I'm having the same experience with Kodi in the latest Debian image. It's so slow it is unusable on my system. Any interaction requires about a 10 second wait time for the response to happen.
(05-18-2016, 08:45 AM)weci2i Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same experience with Kodi in the latest Debian image. It's so slow it is unusable on my system. Any interaction requires about a 10 second wait time for the response to happen.

Please see Lenny's response above - it explains why you are experiencing this.