PINE64

Full Version: no more access to google play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i installed the 20160505 android version (non rooted).
after booting, the pine first told me it was updating apps, and then seemed to work.
when i opened google play, i was able login and i saw my apps. then the pine immediately started downloading and installing updates.
first one was "android system webview", which took several hours to download (at only a few kb/s).
after doing so, i don't have access to google play anymore, i.e. i can open google play an select an app, but instead of downloading, it says "..blabla..could not be downloaded because of an error (error retrieving information from server [DF-DLA-15])".
i uninstalled the webview update, but it's still the same. no more download from google play.
btw: internet access using chrome still works without problems, but i get no download access to google play, i.e. i cannot install any apps.
what's going wrong? am i the onlyone having this problem?
I had the same problem, I had to do a 'Backup and Reset' and after that everything seems to work fine.

But the strange this was, I actually had a unrooted version of Android Image but once i did a 'Backup and Reset', it became rooted with SuperSU installed.
hm. so now i tried this:
i did a factory reset (i think that's what you meant), reentered my google account data, and now, whatever i do on google play, ends in a "connection timeout".
connection seems to be much more instable than it used to be at the beginning (after installing the android image).
in the mean time, it worked to install an app from google play, but network connection (wired) does not work most of the time.
usually, transfer rate does not get above 10kb/s, and often, there's no data at all transferred ;-(