PINE64

Full Version: Id like to add exfat and hfsplus in as kernel modules.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed there wasnt a build directory /lib/modules/3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep to compile in kernel modules.

How would I go about doing this?  I have a HFS+ formatted drive I would like to attach for the Plex server and I would rather not reformat the drive and lose compatibility with my iMac.
Thanks in advance,
Cole
(05-15-2016, 12:21 PM)coleshores Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed there wasnt a build directory /lib/modules/3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep to compile in kernel modules.

How would I go about doing this?  I have a HFS+ formatted drive I would like to attach for the Plex server and I would rather not reformat the drive and lose compatibility with my iMac.
Thanks in advance,
Cole

Hi,

This article will get you to the point of being able to build a Kernel Kernel Compile Guide

Then adjust the guide instruction with the information form martinayotte below.

(05-15-2016, 02:48 PM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]The current default config is arch/arm64/configs/sun50iw1p1smp_linux_defconfig, you will have to copy that into .config at the root.
Then, you can do 'make -j12 ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE="ccache aarch64-linux-gnu-" menuconfig', navigate into "filesystems" and add "XFS" as a module.
After configured, compile is done with 'make -j12 ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE="ccache aarch64-linux-gnu-" Image modules'.

exfat is there from memory, not sure about hfsplus...

Let us know if you have any problems.