operating time?
i know that few if any have had their hands on one, but has there been any indication of what the actual operating time should be?

As I tell my son on a regular basis, if we had focused a fraction of our time on battery life that we have on doubling cpu numbers we'd charge our cars for 1 hour 1 day a year and drive wherever we wanted.....

I just bought a Chuwi Hi10x and he operating time is good but not great
(05-29-2020, 09:10 AM)mindwave Wrote: i know that few if any have had their hands on one, but has there been any indication of what the actual operating time should be?

As I tell my son on a regular basis, if we had focused a fraction of our time on battery life that we have on doubling cpu numbers we'd charge our cars for 1 hour 1 day a year and drive wherever we wanted.....

I just bought a Chuwi Hi10x and he operating time is good but not great

Don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question for you about the Chuwi Hi10x - are you using it with Linux, and if so, does everything work including touchscreen and camera? And how long does it last on battery?
rocket,

so far ive left it stock win10

i considered swapping it out to android or linux, but didnt know if it would be a fair comparison.

Im stillamazed that my 6yo amazon fire will run all day an into the night and almost every other tablet shaped device ive got starts the downhill run at 4 hours (thats JUST reading and lifght email/web surfing, no MM)

thats what got me started building my own a few months ago....then we moved and everything got boxed, BUT thats actually not a horrible thing as the raspi 4 9gb has come out as has the semi offical SDD boot rom,,,so im still working out the detauils

what i really want is a lenovo yoga 9XXX but theres no justificaton for $1k

thats why im so interested in the one tab

i ave the PBP and love it

pine time just shipped\

so i really want to give the pine tab a run....
(06-03-2020, 08:36 AM)mindwave Wrote: what i really want is a lenovo yoga 9XXX but theres no justificaton for $1k

This is OT, but it's worth mentioning that I've been pretty happy with my Lenovo Flex-14 (with the AMD chip) for under USD600 (Amazon.) I'm good for about 6hrs of battery with screen brightness at 50% doing light browsing and ebooks/PDFs. I haven't fiddled with lowing the brightness, but I think I could get another hour or two at 25%. I only wish it could charge via USB-C...

(Manjaro-KDE. Tablet-style touch and screen rotate is better under GNOME3, though.)
You could try asking one of the Manjaro Phone/Tab devs about this. I'm sure there are other devs working on the Tab, but they're the only ones I recall calling it out when they post updates for Manjaro for PinePhone & PineTab.
(06-15-2020, 10:09 AM)tophneal Wrote: You could try asking one of the Manjaro Phone/Tab  devs about this.  I'm sure there are other devs working on the Tab, but they're the only ones I recall calling it out when they post updates for Manjaro for PinePhone & PineTab.

well i was one of the flks who jumped on the pre porder as soon as it hit CNX so hopefully next month ill have a set opinion

of course you just knpow that the difference between the pre prod pinetab I bought and the one everyone else will buy in augst will undoubtedly the discovery of that rare element unobtanium that makes your teeth brighter you screen cleaner and your battery last 10x//////

or it could just be me........
I feel ya, I did the same!

I have faith it won’t change much. The PineTab has been known coming for a while. They planned it plenty before we the public knew about it, and then they were given more time to refine it. I imagine any changes made wouldn’t be unlike how the PBP has been improved each subsequent batch, subtle enough to be an improvement but not a flashy new feature.
if thats true pine tab 2.0 oughta be an apple killer because my pbp2.0 is head and shoulders above the prev its almost always my daily driver
I am considering to buy the PineTab as my iPad from 2014 is growing very outdated (Shame on Apple for not providing updates & sending devices to trash.).

At this moment, I am a bit scared away by the reports on that bad power management:
"big downside is the missing battery management. The battery drain is huge - unfortunately also in standby mode."
https://social.tchncs.de/@codiflow/104319619676100843

Could anyone who owns a PineTab describe their experience w.r.t. power management & battery drain?
How long can you surf the web without need to recharge?
How many days with occasional sofa surfing dies it sustain before running out of energy?

Thanks in advance.
(06-23-2020, 06:36 AM)CircularDevs Wrote: I am considering to buy the PineTab as my iPad from 2014 is growing very outdated (Shame on Apple for not providing updates & sending devices to trash.).

At this moment, I am a bit scared away by the reports on that bad power management:
"big downside is the missing battery management. The battery drain is huge - unfortunately also in standby mode."
https://social.tchncs.de/@codiflow/104319619676100843

Could anyone who owns a PineTab describe their experience w.r.t. power management & battery drain?
How long can you surf the web without need to recharge?
How many days with occasional sofa surfing dies it sustain before running out of energy?

Thanks in advance.
That link is for the PinePhone not the PineTab.