Android on PinePhone?
(05-31-2020, 01:19 AM)Xray2000 Wrote: Ok nice how do it run smooth ?  What is working and what not except the phone ?

Here's a quick video - don't mind the low res capture. Looks like calls, gps and camera are absent. I guess it can be flashed to emmc but crashes are regular so probably best to run something else as your main os.
(05-28-2020, 04:27 AM)vanja Wrote: Hi,
Why there is no Android subforum under Pine Phone software? 
Not enough interest?

From my point of view it would be useful to have a running image for few reasons.

- users that are android app dependent can run those apps, even in dual boot scenario its good to have android installed in case of ocassional need for it.
- until anbox matures, people could actually use pinephone as daily driver on android, rather then having it as secondary device to play with (daily use the hardware you purchased, and reboot to linux for play Smile

I think I saw a mention of android image booting on pinephone somewhere, doesnt it deserve its own section under OS?
if there is android for pine tablet, why not for pine phone?

and just a small disclaimer. Android is free and open source software. I am not talking about android google bundle. My main driver is LineageOS device without any traces of google software or microg services, and its running perfectly fine. 90% of applications do not need google to run.

thoughts?

thanks

virtualbox not working for this ?
(05-31-2020, 11:37 AM)nas Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:19 AM)Xray2000 Wrote: Ok nice how do it run smooth ?  What is working and what not except the phone ?

Here's a quick video - don't mind the low res capture. Looks like calls, gps and camera are absent. I guess it can be flashed to emmc but crashes are regular so probably best to run something else as your main os.

Edit: You can try this link if peertube has gone down for some reason

Hi,

Ok thanks for the info, i just one see how it runs i have also contact with the dev and he told me he is also still waiting like me for his Pinephone then he would try to fix calls but also he told me he is worry about the audio, and also as of he is the only dev working on it would take some time till this iscomplete usable.

The problem is we need in our country android support for our bank apps next year the close compleed the website so i was looking first for anbox as i'm running that now on mu UT device Pro5 and the apps works not perfect but it works, i have hear Anbox on Pinephone has still no keyboard and that i need so i will need to see what and how...

Anyway thanks for the nice video ! Big Grin
(05-31-2020, 12:29 PM)superdooper Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 04:27 AM)vanja Wrote: Hi,
Why there is no Android subforum under Pine Phone software? 
Not enough interest?

From my point of view it would be useful to have a running image for few reasons.

- users that are android app dependent can run those apps, even in dual boot scenario its good to have android installed in case of ocassional need for it.
- until anbox matures, people could actually use pinephone as daily driver on android, rather then having it as secondary device to play with (daily use the hardware you purchased, and reboot to linux for play Smile

I think I saw a mention of android image booting on pinephone somewhere, doesnt it deserve its own section under OS?
if there is android for pine tablet, why not for pine phone?

and just a small disclaimer. Android is free and open source software. I am not talking about android google bundle. My main driver is LineageOS device without any traces of google software or microg services, and its running perfectly fine. 90% of applications do not need google to run.

thoughts?

thanks

virtualbox not working for this ?

there is no virtualbox on arm platform
(05-31-2020, 12:43 PM)Xray2000 Wrote: Ok thanks for the info, i just one see how it runs i have also contact with the dev and he told me he is also still waiting like me for his Pinephone then he would try to fix calls but also he told me he is worry about the audio, and also as of he is the only dev working on it would take some time till this iscomplete usable.

No bluetooth either but temperature sensors appear to work. Ranges from about 40 degrees at idle to about 60 when running something, ie when back case is slightly warm. 

Runs pretty well considering the developer doesn't have a device in hand.

.png   cputemp-pinephone.png (Size: 94.73 KB / Downloads: 510)
and can't u use flatpack crap ?
(06-02-2020, 12:26 PM)nas Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 12:43 PM)Xray2000 Wrote: Ok thanks for the info, i just one see how it runs i have also contact with the dev and he told me he is also still waiting like me for his Pinephone then he would try to fix calls but also he told me he is worry about the audio, and also as of he is the only dev working on it would take some time till this iscomplete usable.

No bluetooth either but temperature sensors appear to work. Ranges from about 40 degrees at idle to about 60 when running something, ie when back case is slightly warm. 

Runs pretty well considering the developer doesn't have a device in hand.

It's a beginning, I think that when the dev get his PP, he will fix most of it, I'm glad to test and report all the issues I find. I think that Android is a good start for PP owners before we get a good Linux app ecosystem, and can do a smooth transition to it. I'm cheering for official support of Sailfish OS too, would be great.
Hello,

Can someone test v0.3.0 especially deploying to eMMC?
https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...tag/v0.3.0
(07-02-2020, 04:00 AM)rsglobal Wrote: Can someone test v0.3.0 especially deploying to eMMC?
https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...tag/v0.3.0

Gave it a try and it seemed to complete after 3 attempts but phone only boots up to black screen with backlight on. Same result whether selecting the emmc or sd card. Fastboot menu appears for both during install.

.jpg   fastboot.jpg (Size: 61.39 KB / Downloads: 439)
The new image released today loads up fine. Running on the emmc speeds up boot time and apps are a little a bit perkier too.

Edit: So I installed geekbench 5 for a bit of fun:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2856360

.jpg   geekbench-single-pinephone.jpg (Size: 29.3 KB / Downloads: 496)

.jpg   geekbench-multi-pinephone.jpg (Size: 29.66 KB / Downloads: 450)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 6 547 04-22-2024, 02:22 AM
Last Post: bongosunny
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 343 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 229 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 108,919 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,782 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 601 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,336 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 492 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,679 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Android bank apps ionmich 4 1,758 12-12-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: mannzrespouse