Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
(07-06-2020, 11:42 AM)daniel Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 10:16 AM)josekar Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:54 AM)FOSSagent0 Wrote: Anyone else getting this message from 17 Track? "This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later." It shows not found and the auto-carrier select shows USPS. Not sure what to make of it.
Mee too.
Auto-carrier select show Belgiun post.
I am in Spain.
???

I wonder why you guys are getting this Track17 track number (never heard about track17 before) instead of DHL track number...

It looks Track17 doesn't work (based on few people comment). Can we request a DHL number?

Has Track17 number worked for anyone?
It is not DHL. It is pinephone shipping.
Oh. Finally I've got an order cancelation letter. Hope this means I'll get FULL REFUND. The only thing I know I'll never make orders here and suggest my friends and co-workers not to deal with your company. I'm totally disappointed and furious about your attitude to your customers. After mailing about a week on order cancellation finally I got an automatic answer and It's only just because I'm in the patter of the guys whom you did not manage to find a way to ship an order(for a f**king month and a half). Also I see not a single word on refund in this mail. In any way I'll open a dispature in paypal, I'm tied of being ignored in mail and in forum thread.
(07-06-2020, 10:05 PM)daniel Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:46 PM)devrtz Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 11:42 AM)daniel Wrote: ...

Has Track17 number worked for anyone?

It worked for me in the past with the BH edition.
Oh really?
May me you can shed some light on this

Can you please tell us how this worked before? as you can see people are on fire here.

How long did  it take to have updates on track17. Who was the carrier? how long dit it take to come from hong kong?

thanks

I had used Asendia shipping at the time.
Destination was to Germany and the carrier was the Swiss Post.
I remember that there were basically no shipping updates from Asendia after the initial status update until it arrived in Germany.

For german customers it was a bit of an adventure because of the missing CE certification at the time (you can have a look through the forums if you are interested). I think I received my phone end of march/early april (shipping took 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly).

German customers got there phone ~2months after other customers. For me it was well worth the wait :)
Although I obviously would have preferred getting my toy earlier ;)

I know the situation is not ideal but I would suggest cutting Pine64 some slack.
I'm sure they are also not happy with how the shipping has turned out (generally speaking).
I'm sure they are doing everything in their power to make customers happy!

And even with all the delays I do appreciate all the work by the Pine64 team.
Always look on the bright side of life: The software will be more polished by the time you get your device ;)
(07-07-2020, 12:47 AM)stepnoy_volk Wrote: Oh. Finally I've got an order cancelation letter. Hope this means I'll get FULL REFUND. The only thing I know I'll never make orders here and suggest my friends and co-workers not to deal with your company. I'm totally disappointed and furious about your attitude to your customers. After mailing about a week on order cancellation finally I got an automatic answer and It's only just because I'm in the patter of the guys whom you did not manage to find a way to ship an order(for a f**king month and a half). Also I see not a single word on refund in this mail. In any way I'll open a dispature in paypal, I'm tied of being ignored in mail and in forum thread.

The same. Fully ignored on emails and mastodon messages. No refund notifications. Wonderful people, lmao.
(07-07-2020, 03:28 AM)tolstoevsky Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 12:47 AM)stepnoy_volk Wrote: Oh. Finally I've got an order cancelation letter. Hope this means I'll get FULL REFUND. The only thing I know I'll never make orders here and suggest my friends and co-workers not to deal with your company. I'm totally disappointed and furious about your attitude to your customers. After mailing about a week on order cancellation finally I got an automatic answer and It's only just because I'm in the patter of the guys whom you did not manage to find a way to ship an order(for a f**king month and a half). Also I see not a single word on refund in this mail.  In any way I'll open a  dispature in paypal, I'm tied of being ignored in mail and in forum thread.

The same. Fully ignored on emails and mastodon messages. No refund notifications. Wonderful people, lmao.
As I answered to mail from pinebook@pine64.org I was answered. I was told I'll get full refund after 10 july.
(07-06-2020, 07:13 PM)wils91 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 03:18 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 02:04 AM)wils91 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 01:02 AM)Luke Wrote: OP updated

@Luke 

can i assume that this friday shipment will be all that's left for PBP?

Should be the remaining units, yes

@Luke

i think you need to come out to explain, it's 7th July , way beyond your date from the updates and i'm still waiting stupidly for pinebook pro

(07-06-2020, 12:56 PM)Joelandsonja Wrote: While I do appreciate all of the work that everyone at Pine64 has put into this phone, I am a little annoyed with the fact that I had to use DHL for shipping. This is going to cost me an extra $60-$70 in duty fees. I'm honestly confused as to why regular mail shipping was such an issue when I have ordered multiple items from China since the quarantine without a problem.

only pine64 is having this issue, my china items have been coming in regularly for the past 3 months and that thou a slight delay of 1-2days everything is in order. i am now thinking that they do not have enough stocks for all of us and they are trying to manufacture more in a rush, feel very very disappointed in the promised make by the team and the actions done on the ground is different

@Luke 

any response regarding pinebook pro shipping which you have promised?
(07-07-2020, 08:31 AM)wils91 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:13 PM)wils91 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 03:18 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 02:04 AM)wils91 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 01:02 AM)Luke Wrote: OP updated

@Luke 

can i assume that this friday shipment will be all that's left for PBP?

Should be the remaining units, yes

@Luke

i think you need to come out to explain, it's 7th July , way beyond your date from the updates and i'm still waiting stupidly for pinebook pro

(07-06-2020, 12:56 PM)Joelandsonja Wrote: While I do appreciate all of the work that everyone at Pine64 has put into this phone, I am a little annoyed with the fact that I had to use DHL for shipping. This is going to cost me an extra $60-$70 in duty fees. I'm honestly confused as to why regular mail shipping was such an issue when I have ordered multiple items from China since the quarantine without a problem.

only pine64 is having this issue, my china items have been coming in regularly for the past 3 months and that thou a slight delay of 1-2days everything is in order. i am now thinking that they do not have enough stocks for all of us and they are trying to manufacture more in a rush, feel very very disappointed in the promised make by the team and the actions done on the ground is different

@Luke 

any response regarding pinebook pro shipping which you have promised?

Had good luck with the shipping so far. Pinephone shipped the day after Luke posted the ship/tracking day. Went to Cincinnati then to Milwauke. Sat there for 3 days I think . Some wierd message posted about received and waiting for acceptance or vice versa. Next day USPS delivered. I had signed up to receive email/text messages whenever I get a package from them. Which is really convenient. Highly recommended.
Now ordered some stuff from the pine store. About a week and a half got tracking notice with order completed receipt. Had a 17Track tracking number. Went to their site and got the no record of shipment yet or whatever it is. Then early this morning USPS texted me telling me they are soon taking receipt of package , meaning it could be here tomorrow.
Pardon my spelling. i hope I don't jinx future shipping by posting this.
Pine should not use Ascendia anymore.
Although I received the Fedex tracking number, this tracking number was made in 28th June and still not yet picked up by the carrier. I wouldn’t expect to be dispatched soon.
Delay from FedEx is also possible since FedEx is restricting Economy service to some countries. and my parcel seems to be a Economy according to the FedEx.
If I were any of you posters who had paid hard-earned money many months ago and were yet to receive a product, I would be just as frustrated as you are. And there's nothing quite so frustrating as communication blackouts from the people in charge, I totally understand.

But you guys need to STOP making toxic comments about Pine and the people who run it. There is literally a global pandemic currently on-going - 400,000 people have died and a $#!^ load more have lost their jobs - and both of those headcounts continue to grow. Global shipping logistics have been interrupted on a level almost unprecedented in modern times - seriously, it doesn't matter that you "bought a bunch of other stuff from China and it got here sooner than this."

Furthermore, at least half of the negativity here is about *speculative events* - if the email about shipping upgrades doesn't explicitly mention a refund upon cancellation, before you throw a temper tantrum on the internet you need to wait until you *actually cancel your order and then fail to receive a refund*. Your amateur prognostication is completely worthless except to warn everybody around that you might be a narcissist who insists on interpreting every unforeseen circumstance or challenge as somehow being a personal affront.

If the ~$200 USD you put down on this early-access cellphone is going to break your rent check then you should not have bought it. And if it's not going to break your rent check then you need to sit down and take a massive chill pill. You know what's not going to help the people in charge respond promptly to your emails? If all of you blast them with your whinging. You know who is going to come out hurting way worse than you in this transaction? Pine - I can almost guarantee that.

So quit acting like you've got a monopoly on bad luck and the whole world is out to screw you - go for a walk, find a new hobby that either doesn't involve experimental Linux phones, or that can be conducted with the experimental Linux phones that you already have. It's understandable to be frustrated, it's human to be upset, but it's childish to whine about it, especially in public.
hi minori

i updated from Fedex to DHL, and got my unit yesterday.
it is probably too late for you now, unfortunately,
but to others, where possible, i highly recommend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,309 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,686 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,164 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,187 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,823 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,814 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,004 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,649 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,679 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad