Manjaro ARM 20.04
(08-20-2020, 03:17 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 09:08 PM)8jef Wrote: Oupsi..

Just updated my beautiful Manjaro PBP... then it has turned into a brick.

On reboot, no more screen. Led light goes from red-orange to green after a few secs, that's all.

What's goin' on?
Afaik,  nothing changed to uboot so there should be no problem in booting.  

I think you have an sd card inserted while you power on the device.  Can you check this one please. 

Another than that I don't think there is anything that can break it unless you were running a very old system with old booting methods and just updated to latest recently then. You can check the release post of manjaro forum.

Well, just bad luck I guess. I'll do a fresh install.

I was already on last release from a few weeks only, no SD in.

Thanks
Creating is Everything
Away
Hi All!

I have just get back my eMMC to life. I tried to flash a Manjaro onto it from the SD card but the boot animation is just keeps going. Checking the table shows the following:
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk2 179:0 0 58.2G 0 disk
mmcblk2boot0 179:32 0 4M 1 disk
mmcblk2boot1 179:64 0 4M 1 disk
mmcblk1 179:96 0 59.5G 0 disk
├─mmcblk1p1 179:97 0 213.6M 0 part
└─mmcblk1p2 179:98 0 59.2G 0 part /
zram0 252:0 0 5.6G 0 disk [SWAP]

mmcblk2 is the eMMC, mmcblk1 is the bootable SD card with Manjaro, which btw works fine still.
What are mmcblk2boot0 and mmcblk2boot1? I did not touch those and DDing the Manjaro image on mmcblk2 obviously will not affect those 2 4MB disks. Then why Manjaro can`t boot from the eMMC?

EDIT:
Booting from the eMMC is solved. I just re-flashed the drive and it started working.
Help needed! 

I installed mesa-git to test performances but I've lost all transparency settings in DE (due to lack of gles I think). Reverting back to mesa package didn't help

Is there someone who can help me get back to original config?

I could always reflash to stock but I'm trying to avoid that step

Thanks
What would be the best way to transfer an existing Manjaro system on a 64GB eMMC to a 128gb eMMC? Just dd the image off the old eMMC and flash it on to the new one?

Edit: transferring it with and emmc usb adapter and DD worked fine, but flashing the 64gb image to the 128GB emmc took around 4 hours and increasing the partition to 128GB took another 3 hours.
(09-17-2020, 08:37 AM)nightranger73 Wrote: Help needed! 

I installed mesa-git to test performances but I've lost all transparency settings in DE (due to lack of gles I think). Reverting back to mesa package didn't help

Is there someone who can help me get back to original config?

I could always reflash to stock but I'm trying to avoid that step

Thanks
You need to turn the compositor back on (it turns it off if there's an error that makes the window manager not work).  

Follow the instructions in this thread; https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11598
Hi there,

After a long flipping of linux flavours I settled down to Manjaro because it is the default OS of pinebook pro and seems to play best with pbp. However, after updates, I end up having wifi network issues. When I boot, I seem to have no wifi network interface. This happened persistently with default Manjaro KDE on flash. Also, is happening randomly on boots with Manjaro XFCE. Is there any workaround/fix for the network interface not showing up on boot?

Also, I am not able to connect my bluetooth headphone set with Manjaro XFCE. I succeeded once but this time I ended up losing internal speaker sound as a cost. Is there any way to fix up this issue? Does anyone experience this?

Manjaro XFCE seems to be coming with blueman which I suspect to be dated. Maybe something else would give better performance but I am unsure what to choose or how to switch. Both KDE and Gnome bluetooth managers seem to be heavy so I am hesitant to switch.
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11620
(09-29-2020, 05:51 PM)wdt Wrote: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11620

Thank you for sharing the thread. My problem is not exactly the same with the thread subject. On the default Manjaro KDE, the network interface is completely gone. And I don't have a wired connection; so, I am not sure how I can keep the Manjaro KDE on emmc flash updated.

Manjaro XFCE's wifi network seems to be coming and going. If the network manager (and strangely the power manager) is broken/unavailable on my login, I reboot and both network and power managers are coming back.

I have also Manjaro Sway and it does not have these issues I am experiencing with KDE and XFCE versions. However, I would prefer to stay with XFCE if I can.

I guess I can try to post to the thread you have linked to for additional help.

I have other problems with Manjaro such as the screen gargling occasionally and bluetooth. I am hoping they would be fixed with upcoming updates.
From your post, it is clearly at least partly a software issue
Dying hardware can sometimes exhibit these sort of issues too,
but if sway always works, this is not likely
xfce, try armbian, that is their default wm OR the original mrfixit
OR fedora,,,, https://builds.armdevelopers.com/pineboo...eases/dev/
https://www.armbian.com/pinebook-pro/
(10-04-2020, 04:12 PM)wdt Wrote: From your post, it is clearly at least partly a software issue
Dying  hardware can sometimes exhibit these sort of issues too,
but if sway always works, this is not likely
xfce, try armbian, that is their default wm OR the original mrfixit
OR fedora,,,,  https://builds.armdevelopers.com/pineboo...eases/dev/
https://www.armbian.com/pinebook-pro/

Yes, I bought Pinebook pro about two months ago; I will be very surprised if it is a hardware problem.

I tried both Armbian and Fedora XFCE. Both are very nice; I particularly liked Armbian and Fedora XFCE feels very modern. However, both of them have soundcard related problems I belieive. When I use my wired headphones, I end up having sound from both speakers and my headphones. I switch to headphone from from the pavucontrol and the problem disappears. However, having to manually switch the sound interface concerns me.

Armbian has an additional sound related problem in that volume up and down keys do not work. I removed the pulseaudio aplet, the alsamixer shortcuts in the default keymappings and installed xfce4-volumed. After adding the volume applet to panel the volume keys somehow worked but I receive multi notifications when I up/down volume. I am guessing the default volume applet is still somewhat working in the background.

Due to the sound issues I will switch back to Manjaro XFCE. None of the above problems exist in Manjaro; yet it has its own issues related to wifi/bluetooth.

I am particularly interested in Armbian. If I could fix the issues, I would definitely use it as my main system. For the records I tried Armbian Focal with 5.8 kernel. Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 162 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,602 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 206 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,910 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,978 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 290 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 743 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,912 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,850 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 703 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez