Testing GPS
(10-28-2021, 04:57 AM)wibble Wrote: There's a report that reseating the midframe can help gps reception

Go'n in ... I'll let ya know what happens.

Thanks
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(10-29-2021, 03:46 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 04:57 AM)wibble Wrote: There's a report that reseating the midframe can help gps reception

Go'n in ... I'll let ya know what happens.

Thanks

Took it apart, even cleaned the contacts with 99% IPA and a clean-room swab ... no luck

On the bright side, I didn't break anything else while I was in there  Smile
Curious thing about the GPS. I'm on dev version 812 (just updated).
I ran the GPS fix from the op. I'm unable to get unav to lock on to a gps signal. It just stays on"waiting for GPS".
However, I installed the SensorStatus app and it does get a GPS signal and it's able to provide my coordinates.

When I try to run unav again, I get the same result and then sensor status won't pick up the GPS signal again until I restart the location service.

I hope this can give some insight for somebody to fix the problem.
After updating to 814,I had a problem where my wifi would not work. I ended up performing a reset to get it working again. But this time I didn't have to apply the GPS fix andSensorStatus was still able to pick up the GPS signal. I did notice that the "found supported backend'' and ''active''were not checked. Not sure what that means, but maybe it's something.
That SensorStatus app seems to present "GPS" data that isn't really GPS data, it's IP location data ... enter the coordinates it gives you into Google maps or something like that, and you'll find that it's somewhere near your service provider.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing Crust Deep-sleep Luke 53 70,952 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: erikinkinen
  Testing and Donating jmasters 2 4,080 06-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: jmasters