kodi-git build script for mainline hwaccel media decoding
greetings,

provided is a build script for kodi-git using gbm+gles. kodi works excellently on the pbp with hantro and rkvdec media decoding for mpeg2, h264, h265, vp8 and vp9 codecs. see the mainline kernel and mainline hwaccel threads for more information. particularly THIS POST.

run kodi from a terminal WITHOUT a GUI running.

REQUIREMENTS
linux-hwaccel
ffmpeg-v4l2request

RECOMMENDED
mesa-git

SCRIPT
script now part of pbp-tools. see other forum thread for details.
https://github.com/xmixahlx/pbp-tools
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10190
Is this Debian only? Or will it work with Manjaro too?
it will work with manjaro, also. just translate dependencies and other debian-centric steps to manjaro/pacman, etc.
modified the script a bit for rerun. you'll want to use ccache if doing that...
updated and added inputstream.adaptive from git, which allows >720p youtube, among other uses.
scripts now part of pbp-tools. see other forum thread for details.
https://github.com/xmixahlx/pbp-tools
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10190

updated the first post
Hi @xmixahlx

I have added your vdec patch to `linux-pinebookpro` it built fine then I tried building ffmpeg full but it have too many extra libs enabled so I moved to ffmpeg with only v4l2_request and it was build just fine.

Now I am stuck with kodi-git I tried my PKGBuild with your config and it fails with errors then I think I will just run your script and it fails with missing deps and after I install those deps then it fails with missing packages which are not part of arch linux example `fstrcmp` and `libdvdread` errors.

Have you tried building using the kodi script on your pbp-tools repo? Can you add full dep list?

Thanks for your work.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
@spikerguy

if you have built linux and ffmpeg with the linux-hwaccel and ffmpeg-v4l2request patches, i'm assuming you should be able to add gbm and gles from configure to an existing kodi PKGBUILD.

i run all these scripts from debian sid arm64 and dependencies are largely solved with "apt-get build-dep kodi ffmpeg". i do plan to update debian dependencies shortly. i'm not that familiar with pacman - does it have a similar build-dep command?

my assumption is you would want to convert these scripts to PKGBUILDs in manjaro. happy to help that if i can.

can you post the kodi build log?

note: i steal the "full" ffmpeg configure directly from debian-multimedia.org's debian package and add the needed v4l2-request additions. you could adapt this for manjaro by removing anything not included in the repo?
(06-13-2020, 01:41 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: @spikerguy

if you have built linux and ffmpeg with the linux-hwaccel and ffmpeg-v4l2request patches, i'm assuming you should be able to add gbm and gles from configure to an existing kodi PKGBUILD.

i run all these scripts from debian sid arm64 and dependencies are largely solved with "apt-get build-dep kodi ffmpeg".  i do plan to update debian dependencies shortly. i'm not that familiar with pacman - does it have a similar build-dep command?

my assumption is you would want to convert these scripts to PKGBUILDs in manjaro. happy to help that if i can.

can you post the kodi build log?

note: i steal the "full" ffmpeg configure directly from debian-multimedia.org's debian package and add the needed v4l2-request additions. you could adapt this for manjaro by removing anything not included in the repo?

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure I follow what is in your scripts. 

As it is clear now, I will try to build ffmpeg with v4l2_request enabled and kodi with gbm instead of x11.

I did try to play a video with linux_hwacc and ffmpeg_hwacc and I see there is some less load on cpu as compared to before where I used ffmpeg to play the video and not mpv. There is some video tearing which is fine as hw decoding is still wip.

I will try to rebuild kodi and ffmpeg again tonight.

Thanks.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
I'm missing something configuration-wise, when I run kodi it opens up but I have no input methods that work. I tried an external keyboard but no dice

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to mainline kernel on daniel thompson's debian installer? hellojack 14 7,033 09-07-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Der Geist der Maschine
  Armbian VPU decoding support coming soon LivingLinux 0 750 11-13-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: LivingLinux
  A true mainline Linux Kernel for the Pinebook Pro tsys 154 203,325 06-20-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: linuxad
  Battery gauge issue (mainline kernel) lfourquaux 4 4,850 05-22-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: jiyong
  UBOOT - Mainline not booting from SD card / BSP OK Anarethos 1 2,871 01-10-2021, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Anarethos
  How does one get working deep/S3 sleep with Ubuntu Focal/5.7 mainline kernel? Syonyk 7 9,781 10-26-2020, 02:03 PM
Last Post: edward
  Funny Conky like script to monitor your PBP state as400 1 3,194 08-19-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  mainline kernel hardware acceleration xmixahlx 33 52,061 06-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  Default Manjaro KDE build download link for Pinebook Pro? qeek 8 8,563 03-21-2020, 09:41 AM
Last Post: MrDitchy
  Kodi on Manjaro brent.thierens 12 17,008 03-16-2020, 09:10 AM
Last Post: spikerguy