Manjaro 20.03 did not update.
I installed Manjaro KDE onto my eMMC from the SD card using the DD method. Almost straight away I was notified that updates were available via the desktop icon, I updated and all was good. I then used my Pinebook Pro as normal, however I did not see the update icon offer any updates, so I would open the software updater and check only to be told that my system was up to date.
I saw that version 20.04 was available. I checked and found out that I was on version 20.03, so I ran the software update and it told me that my machine was up to date. I then dowloaded (via anotherPC) and reinstalled Manjaro, this time version 20.04 and again was informed via the update icon that there were updates available. I got an error telling me that one of the updates could not dowload as a file already existed, solved by renaming the file and running the update again. 
So I am now running Manjaro KDE 20.04 but my question is how come 20.03 did not update?  Huh
Thanks in advance Smile
(05-14-2020, 10:31 AM)MrDitchy Wrote: I installed Manjaro KDE onto my eMMC from the SD card using the DD method. Almost straight away I was notified that updates were available via the desktop icon, I updated and all was good. I then used my Pinebook Pro as normal, however I did not see the update icon offer any updates, so I would open the software updater and check only to be told that my system was up to date.
I saw that version 20.04 was available. I checked and found out that I was on version 20.03, so I ran the software update and it told me that my machine was up to date. I then dowloaded (via anotherPC) and reinstalled Manjaro, this time version 20.04 and again was informed via the update icon that there were updates available. I got an error telling me that one of the updates could not dowload as a file already existed, solved by renaming the file and running the update again. 
So I am now running Manjaro KDE 20.04 but my question is how come 20.03 did not update?  Huh
Thanks in advance Smile

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine. But I also had trouble updating my pinebook pro -- also using Manjaro KDE.
For me it was two things.
1. Apparently they moved the mirrors and that is why from the update icon I only got "there are no updates available" while `pacman` told me that it could not reach anything. (source)
2. After 1. was fixed, I still had some trouble updating. It told me something about an nss file already existing. That had something to do with arch and I followed this
[url=https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1-and-lib32-nss3511-1-updates-require-manual-intervention/][/url]
(05-18-2020, 01:17 PM)oldmansaur Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 10:31 AM)MrDitchy Wrote: I installed Manjaro KDE onto my eMMC from the SD card using the DD method. Almost straight away I was notified that updates were available via the desktop icon, I updated and all was good. I then used my Pinebook Pro as normal, however I did not see the update icon offer any updates, so I would open the software updater and check only to be told that my system was up to date.
Thanks in advance Smile

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine. But I also had trouble updating my pinebook pro -- also using Manjaro KDE.
1. Apparently they moved the mirrors and that is why from the update icon I only got "there are no updates available" while `pacman` told me that it could not reach anything. (source)
2. After 1. was fixed, I still had some trouble updating. It told me something about an nss file already existing. That had something to do with arch and I followed this
[url=https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1-and-lib32-nss3511-1-updates-require-manual-intervention/][/url]

Upgrade to 20.04 is not recommended.

You need a fresh install to get all the new features with this version.

Make a backup of your data and reflash your emmc.
(05-18-2020, 04:13 PM)erchache2000 Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 01:17 PM)oldmansaur Wrote:
Thanks in advance Smile

Upgrade to 20.04 is not recommended.

You need a fresh install to get all the new features with this version.

Make a backup of your data and reflash your emmc.

thanks for the info. I think I ended up doing this way anyway, because I then switched from kde to xfce.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation 'failed to open panfrost' after system update using archarm Puckla 1 211 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Puckla
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,912 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,852 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald