Announcing the Mobian project
(07-01-2020, 04:21 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Text does "work"

But I am getting 3 copies of every incoming message ?    ( Just Me ?  )

Just now flashed July 03 nightly build to my SD card,   plus I did an 'update'....

I am now getting one copy of each incoming text

> Flashlight icon is on the app screen and it works !   Nice

the manual GUI  'update'  is working for me again.

but using the text app does occasionally cause the phone to reboot, but the reboot is now faster
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Update :
On a fresh boot, I cannot seem to open/originate my text App.
  I use my 'back-up phone' and send a fresh text to my Mobian phone that allows me to open the text App.  (?)
    Once it is opened, it re-opens as it should.
I am curious about the accuracy of the reported battery voltage.
when it says : 100% charged 4.19 V ?
89% charged 3.95 V ?
This is a 5 V battery ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Lithium ion batteries typically have a maximum voltage of around 4.2V, and minimum around 3.0V. They're usually marked as a nominal 3.7V. Reported voltages look correct.
Thank you, I did not know that.... ( Now I DO )

B.C.
Is there a difference between getting a nightly build then updating that fully compared to the mobian-pinephone image from june 15, I assume there would be. how much does the mobian-pinephone image lag behind vs a nightly build?
(07-07-2020, 09:30 PM)gizmuth Wrote: Is there a difference between getting a nightly build then updating that fully compared to the mobian-pinephone image from june 15, I assume there would be. how much does the mobian-pinephone image lag behind vs a nightly build?

Hi.

In my opinion, just use the command line and do an sudo apt update && apt distupgrade. Or use the software-center and look for updates. It worked for me. I got yesterday and today an operation system update. Try it out. Regards kowalskie.
Best regards

Andre (Lower Saxony, Germany)
Hi All!

I couldn't find a good thread to post this question, so I decided to ask it here and then your are free to redirect me: my Hungarian Telenor SIM card does not seem to work with the Pinephone BH with Mobian. My Vodafone one works like a charm, Telenor suck ass, but I did not know that this hard.
According to the links below the modem should cover the bands the service is using, but still: nothing works.
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/telenor-hungary
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/11/pine...lease-date

Is there a way or where should I start digging to make this work?
Thank you in advance for your help!
(07-09-2020, 01:43 AM)cefre00 Wrote: Hi All!

I couldn't find a good thread to post this question, so I decided to ask it here and then your are free to redirect me: my Hungarian Telenor SIM card does not seem to work with the Pinephone BH with Mobian. My Vodafone one works like a charm, Telenor suck ass, but I did not know that this hard.
According to the links below the modem should cover the bands the service is using, but still: nothing works.
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/telenor-hungary
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/11/pine...lease-date

Is there a way or where should I start digging to make this work?
Thank you in advance for your help!
I use a Telenor Hello SIM in Hungary, it works for me. The APN for the mobile data is "online".
I hope, this helps.
Hi there,

I am impressed how well Mobian works on the Pinephone. However, notifications for Telegram are not working right now, is that correct?

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 16 8,571 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: diederik
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,831 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 114 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,891 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,766 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 616 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,804 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,872 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 614 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,965 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM