Libertine?
I can't get Libertine to work at all, and would appreciate advice from anyone who has. The chroot option seems to work to create the container, apps install correctly, I even get desktop icons, but they won't launch.
(06-27-2020, 11:40 AM)dawg161 Wrote: I can't get Libertine to work at all, and would appreciate advice from anyone who has. The chroot option seems to work to create the container, apps install correctly, I even get desktop icons, but they won't launch.

The newer updates seem to have gotten the installer to work. I got to this point using the libertine settings in the settings menu. Apps can be installed, and appear in the phone menu, however they immediately close. When launching from the terminal libertine apps just close with no error message or any feedback as to why the apps are immediately closing.

Does anyone know where to find logs or information as to what sort of error is occurring here?
I'd guess that this issue (apps not launching) has to do with Wayland integration as in enabling apps in the container to write to the display. As other UBports phones use Mir, this is one of the many PinePhone exclusive problems.

I recently tried to research (= use of popular search engines) how to enable this (not for a Libertine chroot, but an Arch Linux ARM chroot) but gave up after 3 hours.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Libertine / XMir not connecting to Mir Saliency 10 13,042 07-05-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Saliency