Just got my board ...
Just received my Clusterboard and two SOPINE A64 compute modules.  I will buy the other 5 in batches in time.

I have decommissioned a 3xODROID-C1 cluster to move to something tidier.  Not much of a cluster without the Parallella and the new NVIDIA Jetson Nano hanging off it, both of which will move into a snazzy case with the Clusterboard.

Looking forward to the USB AI dongle that coming as well.

I did latch onto the trick with the ATX power supply so attempting to source a suitable model.  That's the in joke right?  The two dummy loads that turn up without a note?

Otherwise, looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Don't wait for me, I'll catch up.

Cheers,
B
(05-06-2020, 07:34 AM)Bazmundi Wrote: Just received my Clusterboard and two SOPINE A64 compute modules.  I will buy the other 5 in batches in time.

I have decommissioned a 3xODROID-C1 cluster to move to something tidier.  Not much of a cluster without the Parallella and the new NVIDIA Jetson Nano hanging off it, both of which will move into a snazzy case with the Clusterboard.

Looking forward to the USB AI dongle that coming as well.

I did latch onto the trick with the ATX power supply so attempting to source a suitable model.  That's the in joke right?  The two dummy loads that turn up without a note?

Otherwise, looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Don't wait for me, I'll catch up.

Cheers,
B
Some ATX power supply required load in +12V in order to get the power supply operates. If your power supply about to power up clusterboard, then no need these two dummy loads resistors.
In fact, I dropped the idea of an ATX board, I have a 15amp power supply and have added the disk drive header to the board.
(05-11-2020, 12:45 AM)Bazmundi Wrote: In fact, I dropped the idea of an ATX board, I have a 15amp power supply and have added the disk drive header to the board.

Hi Bazmundi,

I just received my board, and I also got a mini-itx case, but I was wondering what would be the best way to power the fan(s) on the case. I am very new to playing with pine64, and I am more familiar to building regular PCs, where everything is familiar. I am using the 15amp power supply, and I can't figure out how I should plug in the fans on the clusterboard, or if it is even possible.

The 4 pins connector on the fan does not fit any connector on the clusterboard, and I cannot find precise guide on the connectors available on the board.

Thanks for any help!

Regard
This has some good info: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7077

Mine should arrive next week. I am hoping to run it with a PicoPSU that I got cheaply.

For the fans the easiest is to connect them to the ATX PSU directly, otherwise if you don't need the USB ports, you can use those.

I guess there is also 5V on the GPIO that can be used? But you will probably need different fans as the normal ones for PC run on 12V I think.
After some funny posting issues I was finally able to pick it up from the local post office.

Have not tried it yet, but the 7 A64 modules look promising Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my wooden desk a safe surface to test the cluster board on? ollehar 6 8,547 12-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Last Post: robocone
  Compatibility between RPi Module and Cluster board leperotero 1 3,348 11-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  What kind of box would be able to host both the cluster board and a RockPro64? ollehar 1 3,552 06-14-2020, 05:37 PM
Last Post: tllim
  What's the difference between board v2.2 and v2.3? kazami2003 2 4,182 09-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Unkn0wn